Q&A Forums

surface texture Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 19, 2006 09:11 PM
surface texture
Anyone out there getting less than desirable skin surface texture. Lately as the summer temps have gone up our surface texture has suffered. We are spraying a summer system and our reaction seems too quick. No matter what temp pressure adjustments we make there is no improvement. This is in regards to a 2.0 rigid. The texture is rough. I am suspecting it is just another issue with the new beloved 245fa.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 08:55 PM
i too have noticed the same,,,
we have modified our technique to apply thinner passes,,,giving it plenty of time to cure,,,ie: shoot a couple of walls at a time rather than working just one till it is built up...1/2" lifts every 30 minutes or so will give you a smoother profile,,,hog it on and it will be treebark or rougher....
Posted: Jul 24, 2006 08:16 PM
Thanks Foamdude we have found the same technique will give us satisfactory results, However when spraying overhead it frustrates me that I need to spray .5" passes to get results Im satisfied with. I quess I need to realize the times have changed as well as the product. I can remember dad kicking it up and down as he wished with an attached bottle of freon. (Late 70's). Good for us applicators not so for mother earth.Ow well can't dwell on the past.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 27, 2006 10:38 AM
I have noticed that foam is frothing in the air before it hits the surface in 90° plus weather. Warm warm.

Incidentally, freon is heavier than air as are all CFC's. Check the specific gravity of them. As you said "Oh well."

In studwalls we don't try to make it pretty, just consistent.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.