Q&A Forums

Stimulus and Spray Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
JohnPeters
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 05:24 PM
Stimulus and Spray Foam
All & Mason,

We are within reach of the stimulus package being pushed through to congress and out to the American public. Regardless of your feelings on whether the bill is adequate, too much or necessary - I would like to know how this bill will effect the SPF industry?

My neck of the woods has not been saturated with SPF slingers, so my company is doing alright as it is.

While there is a lot of focus of dollars being allocated for renewable energy - all us foamers know the true key is starting with an energy efficient building. After all, the best heating and cooling system is one that you never have to turn on. How much will weatherization (air seal and insulating) play a roll in dollar allocation?

On a final note - I saw on the news recently that any company's involved in the manufacturing of green products will be getting some type of credit/rebate/special treatment. I don't know about you guys but I consider my rig to be a mini manufacturing site. Every time I squezze the trigger I am making custom insulation to fit any volume space.

Thoughts from everyone are welcome.

jp
mason
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 01:12 PM
The stimulus bill will provide funding for energy efficiency measures, environmental issues and training and education in industries that promote both. The SPF industry will benefit to some extent from spending in these sectors. Also, SPF roofing should benefit from grants to schools and university for remodeling and new constructon. Maybe even insulation and air barrier applications.

An article in the USA Today recently listed insulation worker as one of the bullet proof jobs in the new economy.
JohnPeters
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 04:40 PM
Can you post the hyperlink for that article from USA today?
mason
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 11:22 AM
My mistake, It was an online AOL article. You should be able to google search it from a few days ago.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.