Q&A Forums

stick pump issue Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Mark Upton
Posted: Jun 21, 2014 10:03 PM
stick pump issue
Hello. On my last spray job, my A side barrel ran out, and the pump pounded off the bottom of the barrel until I was able to get up and shut it off. When placed in the new drum, the pump rapidly pumped and seemed like it wasn't getting it's prime back. I was unable to make it work on the job after that. Can you suggest a way to make this work properly? It has only sprayed approx 9 sets of foam in less than a year. Thx.
mason
Posted: Jun 24, 2014 01:54 PM
Quite a few things can happen when the pump starts jackhammering if it runs out of liquid. The inlet ball seat or ball itself can be damaged, get out of round and not seat properly, You can damage the piston, packings even the cylinder. Take the pump apart and check the way everything fits together. Replace the packings, seals and anything else that looks out of shape. then try it out again
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 25, 2014 09:41 AM
I assume that you have an IPM-02 or a Graco T1 pump. Sounds like the piston rod in the air motor got separated from pump rod. You will need to remove the air motor and re-attach. If you need further assistance, let us know what pump you have and I will be happy to send you the proper manual and some guidance.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.