Q&A Forums

Sprayfoam.com SHOW Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dean Nash
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 08:04 AM
Sprayfoam.com SHOW
Read elsewhere that several folks weren't going to attend the SPFA next year and witnessed the weakening attendance myself, so may I suggest and appeal to Forum Members to petition Doug, Damian, Heather, & the staff of SprayFoamMagazine.com start an annual show?

Where?
What time of year?
What events?
Cost?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 09:52 AM
hmm..
Doug Commette
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 02:32 PM
Well now we are "very" honored. This is Doug. Thank you for your request and appeal for us to host something like this. I have personally found many weaknesses in other groups events, that we feel SprayFoamMagazine.com could improve upon significantly.

BUT we only want to do it - if you all come and attend :) So Comments appreciated.

I have lots more to share as the info starts to flow.
Circle-D
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 09:39 PM
Count me in Doug. I was planning on attending (for the 1st time)the show in Reno in February. After reading all the negative posts about SPFA lately I am beginning to change my mind. I have been to a couple of your presentations at the Northeast Sprayfoam Conference in Lincoln, N.H and would certainly attend a SprayFoamMagazine.com trade show.
quentin
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 12:56 AM
If I can make it I will! Be nice to have a beer with those here who have helped me tons while getting in to spraying.
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Nov 18, 2010 08:29 AM
You can count me in. I'm even willing to help in other ways if possible with presentations and training. I think it's time we have a new organization which is willing and able to stand up for us, the contractors, who are out there doing the work. Not just accepting whatever OSHA, NIOSH, EPA say as gospel without the facts. Now trying to get someone over there to recognize that sporayfoam.com is our new organization could be a different story.

Then theres the whole debockle that happened down in Alabama where they accepted the fire retardant paint based on false testing, false data, and political agendas. I think it's time we take over our industry and try to set things straight.

I was planning to go to the Reno show this year, but only to heckle the OSHA, NIOSH, and EPA people and tell them they don't know what their talking about when fiberglass is much more hazardous and allows a fire to extend into another area while burning the structural members of the building. So, how does the fiberglass companies get away with claiming their products meet R 2.9-3.7 per inch???? Yes, that's what their claiming! Just go into Loews or Home Depot and do some math! And I didn't know that we changed our wall studs to 2x6.5" cavities? That's what their claiming for an R-19 but an R-21 is the same thing for a 5.5" cavity????? Doesn't make sense!!!

Jim Coler
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 04:04 PM
There will be a show in Orlando, FL May 12-15th. The big dogs in the industry will be there to teach the courses!
Dean Nash
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 04:07 PM
Awesome news Damian-
Keep us posted.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 10:13 PM
Great news! When my new SprayFoamMagazine.com Swimsuit calander arrives, I'll pencil it right in. Remember Damian, 1 for the shop, 1 for the rig.
The guys are already tired of the new snowmobile calander.
quentin
Posted: Jan 06, 2011 09:48 AM
I'll find a way to be there! BTW, we never did get our calander a couple of years back. LOL
Brad Smith
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 08:29 PM
Anymore info on the SprayFoamMagazine.com show this May?
quentin
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 08:13 AM
Do we have a where in Orlando yet? I want to start planning the trip and getting things like rooms arranged as soon as possible.
Doug Commette
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 03:03 PM
Hey Guys Thanks for all the interest in a SprayFoamMagazine.com show. As you can see we posted an ad for a May conf in Orlando. We have had some good forward progress, and some backward progress as it relates to those dates for the type of event we originally wanted to have. It seems what we wanted to do in time for May - doesnt give us enough time. At this point we wont be having a full blown conference until (hopefully) later in the year / Fall time frame.

BUT - there has been overwhelming response mostly from the contractor community to hold a "town /tea party style" group meeting. Further we have had a significant group of folks asking to get a "CONTRACTORS ONLY" marketing group set-up. We can certainly facilitate this if there is ample interest.

Therefore it would be my desire to have an informal SprayFoamMagazine.com industry meeting in orlando, made up of SPF contractors to discuss the state of affairs and a hold a focus group type event.

We have a ton of ideas and quality awareness improvements we can present. If there is interest, people and ideas, we could accomplish a lot and have a good time too. Please let us know your thoughts, ASAP. I can/will of course share more ideas on what we would hope to accomplish depending on the response here. If we greenlight this meeting, SprayFoamMagazine.com will host a reception on Friday Night, a full day meeting with some interesting presentations on Saturday, we can all go have fun saturday night, and fly home on sunday in time to get back to work.

Thanks for your interest - Doug

PS - If we gain momentum on this, we can start another forum to discuss ideas.
quentin
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 08:02 PM
Do it! I am already working to find a way to it and have it set in my calander!
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 09:50 PM
Sounds like a good place to start, Doug. Shouldn't a "tea party" be in Boston, though?
Doug Commette
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 10:41 PM
good one skip :) sorry I missed you last week. FYI - Those weren't my words, not even sure that is an accurate description of the plan and program we are proposing?? We'll keep the Boston region open for George's event!

This will be a 100% SprayFoamMagazine.com meeting, not a training conference yet. Really looking to meet with and talk to contractors about some of our ideas for industry growth, and even more importantly hear what your issues (spf contractors) and ideas are? Sort of a big focus group for the spray foam business that will help us all address improvements on the website and for the industry. I have a ton of questions / comments on the new Appendix X ignition barrier issues.

We have some great marketing programs and tactics to share with contractors and our SF.com customer base.

If we can count you in, along with Quentin, we are up to two attendees so far :-)
D
Cory Boehs
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 10:58 PM
Count me in for Fall.... Sounds like a good deal. Keep us grunts informed...
Brian Bothun
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 11:40 PM
Wheres it going to be held at? Im working on flight tickets now just need to know location to get the closest hotel. Count me in for your 3rd attendee.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 10:50 AM
You know that I will be there! Wherever, whenever.

George
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 11:51 AM
Fall is the busiest time of the year for all of us spraying foam it will be hard to get away even for the weekend but I’ll try to be there.
Airpro
Dean Nash
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 11:59 AM
Doug-
While I understand the "draw" of Orlando, would it not be easier and more attractive to participants to choose a more centralized location that would serve as both a driving destination as well as having a good airport?
Joe
IME
steven argus
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 02:49 PM
I agree w/ Airpro. Fall is to busy for a show. May or June is a slower part of the year for us.
quentin
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:47 PM
How about you and George get together for a combined show for the first year at least? Make it a bit more central, for contractors, add some guns and lets enjoy!
Doug Commette
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 09:15 PM
Love the idea. Think our phones are bugged. George has officially invited us to his event. I am sure we will get a good chance to speak directly to the contractors there.

Keep you posted on the future SF.com endeavors.

I'm off to cover the AWS event in Alabama and support them for a few days. Back next week. Start thinking about content, needs and desires. The beer guns are a given. Spray guns that is :)
DC
Doug Commette
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 10:04 PM
Joe:
Good points and agree. Orlando was going to be the destination for the original "bigger draw" conference we planned with training, exhibit, etc. Still working on some logistics for that one, so nothing happening at the moment. We realize it is physically impossible to please everyone with time and location. But will take all comments under strong advisement.

We have done a year's worth of relatively formal research on shows, training, marketing groups, trade associations, websites and magazines serving our direct and indirect industries.
We have some very interesting findings to share with everyone. There are some niches and needs going unfulfilled at the moment. More on that later...

We really want to co-exist with all the people, companies, groups and orgs everyone nicely. Thanks for your input and interest!!!
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 10:18 AM
How about Dayton or Indy both have good airports and lots of hotel rooms and conference centers.

And at Indy you could get Rob Crawford from MCC or maybe some of the old GlassCraft people to help (Rob’s dad worked for GlassCraft)

I know that Quentin, Olger and I would like either location but also wouldn’t St Louis also be good.

Just a thought

Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.