Q&A Forums

Spray foam bubbles Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
David Madison
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 02:13 PM
Spray foam bubbles
I just had spray foam done and would like some options if this is an issue. My foam seems to have small bubbles all over that flake off. It seems to only be on the surface. I've shared a link with photos one is the bubles and one is more smooth. Thank you for your help ahead of time!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PpzAinj19ej8xzGG8
Wayne Baker
Posted: Aug 12, 2021 06:02 PM
Afternoon David, From the picture, not really all that clear, it looks like the foam is off ratio, iso rich which makes it friable and the surface will rub off or be dusty. Also could be the foam was sprayed too hot. Final possibility is that if this was an exterior application, or the area where the foam was sprayed , there was a high wind force, causing the foam to blow off and form the bubbles.

Now, with all this being said, the most important thing to remember is what do the density test on the foam tell you?

I am not sure where you are located, but in Canada we need to have a job sheet, this records all the important data for the job. Time, temps, humidity etc as well as the density tests. Usually on a job you are doing two or three tests a day to adjust your equipment accordingly as the ambient temps change, wind changes, humidity changes, etc.

I would find out what the density tests tell you. It is quite a simple procedure to do the test as well.

Cheers,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.