Posted: May 08, 2008 02:06 PM
spfa
what does this stand for
Michael Flander
Posted: May 08, 2008 03:27 PM
Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance.
mason
Posted: May 09, 2008 08:30 AM
The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance is the main trade organization dedicated to the SPF industry. It has been in existence in different forms and names since 1974 when it was called the Urethane Contractors Association. In 1987 it joined the Society of the Plastics Industry as the Polyurethane Foam Contractors Division of SPI. They also started allowing supplier members in at that time and a few years later recognizing that fact, the name was changed to the Spray Polyurethane Foam Division of SPI. In 1999, SPFD left SPI and joined with the American Plastics Council as the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance. In 2003, the organization left APC and became an independent organization again.

SPFA has educational courses, writes guidelines on applications & technical papers, promulgates research on SPF applications, products, etc. works on code and regulatory issues and has an annual conference including, educational courses, technical presentations, exhibit hall and special events.

I worked with the organization as Committee chair of their Technical Committee then as their Technical Director and finally as Executive Director. In May of 2007 I left the organization to open my own consulting business.

Check out SPFA's website sprayfoam.org for more information and free technical guidelines.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.