Q&A Forums

SPFA Accreditation Courses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mason
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 08:54 AM
SPFA Accreditation Courses
SprayFoamMagazine.com and I are considering having a regional event in Houston January 2008 where SPFA's Accreditation courses would be available to participants at a greatly reduced cost.

Courses to be offered include SPFA's Course 101 BE (building envelope) and Course 301 (Sales & Marketing SPF).

Other possible locations include Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Jacksonville or other eastern locations.

I welcome your feedback on the event, location and courses and whether you or your company employees would be interested in attending.

Also would be interested in which days of the week would be better. 101 BE is a two course and would tentatively be scheduled on a Friday/Saturday while 301 is a one day course and would be presented on a Friday.
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 06:31 PM
sounds great. january would be a great time to be in south florida! jax is cool but, anywhere between tampa bay and melbourne you will find big tarpon cruising the coast line that time of year! or around stuart or maybe ft. pierce is a great place to kick back, have some margaritas and catch billfish 5 miles offshore.

sry y'all, got carried away there. just got out the shower, popped the top on a corona, and jimmy buffet playin on the hi-fi. y'all understand, right?

count me in. sounds very educational.

vegas, superbowl weekend???????
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 09:40 PM
Mason,

Speaking for myself and company, as much as I detest Houston I would shut down my entire operation and bring everyone there for such a program. San Antonio is much prettier and I can probably help you some in setting up here if that works for you.

Kenneth Dagley
mason
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 08:55 AM
San Antonio is not out of the question, although Doug C has lined up a great facility in Houston we can use for sprayfoam demos and training.

I will keep you posted on details as we put it together. email me at masonknowles@aol.com to be specifically included on details of the event.
mason
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 08:58 AM
Tampa sounds good to me also in January but I'm not sure I could find good facilities for sprayfoam demos and training. Doug C has a connection in Houston for a great facility and I have a line on some in the other cities; But I will make some calls and see what comes up. Contact me at masonknowles@aol.com to be specifically notified of details of the event.
Rob Granger
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 02:31 PM
Mason,
I have interest in both courses. WOuld you be able to do a Thursday, Friday, Saturday so I could attend both? I would also love to see a New York State or Vegas location... In Western New York I could help find a spray location cheap or free!!!!

Thanks
mason
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 09:31 AM
Yes,

New York in January might not fly, but for a spring or summer event, sounds good. We are considering a one day sprayfoam quality seminar including many topics plus a competition for the best applicator on Thursday. It is possible to conduct the sales course that day as well. We are still working on the details, your feedback will help us firm up the program, schedule and locations.

Thanks,
Gary Galloway
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 05:46 PM
I would be very interested in your courses. Please let me know if you are going to do this in Houston. I need at least a couple of weeks advanced notice of when and where.

Thanks,
Gary
mason
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 06:32 PM
Gary,

It looks like we will be having course 101 BE in Hosuton in January. SprayFoamMagazine.com will be advertising the details soon. I will send you a specific notice.
joyce Noonan
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 08:37 AM
Any more details on class
mason
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 08:40 AM
Not yet, we are still working out the dates and locations. More info to come.
Anders Johansson
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 05:04 PM
hey
any info as of yet? i have not found anything. i'm in Raleigh, so i would be willing to help out in this area.
thanks
AJ
mason
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 07:43 AM
AJ,

There was a delay by SPFA because they are revising the SPFA courses and are not allowing the courses to be presented until they are revised.

The Accreditation Committee decided to split the two day course 101 BE into two one day courses. The first day course is a generic SPF course on foam chemistry, equipment, safety and health, etc.

The second day is specific to building envelope and includes, codes/regulatory, applications, quality control, etc.

I have 101 BE courses scheduled April 11-12 in New Hampshire and will be determining other dates and locations soon.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 07:15 PM
Mason,
Any other dates planned in the New England area. Unfortunatley I'm booked for a home show the weekend you'll be in New Hampshire. Skip
mason
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 09:50 AM
Not yet, we are going to be looking at the 08 schedule in the next couple of weeks and should be able to let you know something. But, I doubt if we hold another New England session this year unless a sponsor calls for a specific date.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.