Q&A Forums

Rules for this Forum Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mason
Posted: Aug 02, 2007 01:18 PM
Rules for this Forum
I have been very pleased with the activity and comments on the forum. But, a few times I've felt the need to address specific comments that seemed to go beyond an objective discussion of a topic. So, to help folks who would like to add assistance to questions asked, please observe the following ground rules:

1. Be courteous, no name calling or hyperbole in your comments:
2. Indicate where your information came from,
(personal experience, website, sales brochure, research, data sheets, discussions with associates,etc.)
3. Stick to the topic and don't venture too far into unrelated topics. Or start another thread about the topic.
4. Compare apples to apples, if a topic is about a specific topic or item, please respond to that specific topic or item that is being discussed.

I do encourage:
1. First hand experience providing details in an objective matter.
2. Source information on topics, (website linkes, articles, research, surveys, etc.)
3. Basic background information on yourself and your afiliations that can enhance your comments and provide the reader with a perspective of your point of view.
4. Corrections to mistatements or misleading information. (backed with credible sources)
5. Helpful tips for the readers
6. Humour, (I am not funny so I don't try)

Above all keep participating.

While I have wide experience in sprayfoam applications, products, equipment, code and regulatory advocacy, education and training, I learn something new everyday about the sprayfoam industry, and your participation in this forum enhances not only the readers knowledge but mine as well.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.