Q&A Forums

riggs &outlook in the uppermidwest. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Tom Heidelberg jr
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 07:29 AM
riggs &outlook in the uppermidwest.
looking to set up a rigg for comm.&res application reccommendations and info on out look .Trying to send my kids through college and leave a working legace after im gone.Have some foam knowledge.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 09:00 AM
Where are you located?
Tom Heidelberg jr
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 09:13 AM
Area i will be covering is toledo and michigan just east side of the state.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 10:03 AM
don't know that much about that side of the state except that there are 5-6 foam companies working it. Give me call and I can answer more specific questions.

Luke
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 10:17 PM
Ohio & Michigan are pretty saturated with foam contractors already. Drives the price way down.

olger
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 06:42 AM
I have heard the same thing, that MI has alot of installers.

George
Tom Heidelberg jr
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 07:00 AM
Thanks for the info you sent me got it yesterday so you feel i would be issin in a bucket to get a rig and make a go of it .I have removed alot of s,p,f roofs over here in the last 2 yr do to improper application technics [spraying over wet roofs or not removing wet areas and improper flashing detail ] I think this product get a unfare deal and its due to the almighty buck contractors dont take the time to do it right time is money so its on to the next show .Maybe i should just buy used if the market is that saterated save me money.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 09:33 AM
Georgre and olger,

what area of the country is the hotest for foam? I am from Michigan and yes there are a fair amount of foamers but most have their own niche and we seem to be making real headway on educating the consumer. I was just at a home builders show and out of the 300+ people I talked to only a handful didn't know about foam. I think we are on the edge of a breakthrough in Michigan where it will become, if you don't use foam you won't make code. What do you duys think?

Luke
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 08:08 PM
Luke,

I am finding New England, NJ and NY really starting to pick up. I started distributing foam because I am 38 years old and I believe that I will see an end to fiberglass as an insulation in my lifetime. I also hope to see the end of HCFC-245fa as a blowing agent and everyone using water blown foam, suppied by me, of course ;-)

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.