Q&A Forums

Radon Gas Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Harry S
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 04:13 PM
Radon Gas
Mason
Will 2.0lb cc 2" thick over dry limestone walls help mitigate Radon gas if it's a problem? Does it have any effect at all for this? This is the first time I've been asked & wasn't sure how to answer. Have contacted my supplier but have not heard back yet. Thanks
mason
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 08:08 AM
This subject comes up from time to time. I am familiar with a specification for using SPF in radon control but have no back up or data to support its effectiveness in radon control. Any help out there? Does anyone have lab testing showing SPF controlling radon?
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 06:13 AM
no test data that i am aware of...
i have been involved in numerous "radon remediation" projects...2" down on grade usually is the scenerio...the radondude is still putting in the "prescribed" ventilation system but admits openly that it is the foam which is preventing the soil born gas from entering the structure...he used to try to put down plastic for the impervious layer...
so,,,albeit anecdotal,,but the system works..

'dude
Harry S
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 09:41 AM
Thanks 'dude....what's your thoughts on spraying the limestone? Homeowner says it's dry but I'm wonderin' as to the adhesion of the foam to it...
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 05:15 AM
tell the customer it is a somewhat "compromissed application" but should be do-able just the same..(remember..life is full of compromise...)"no warranty implied" and shoot the girl...
i have sprayed to dryed pigpoop and it is still stuck like flies on poop...serious..10 years later and it is glued on good....

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.