Q&A Forums

Question on estimating labor for set up and clean up Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Barry Wallett
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 08:25 PM
Question on estimating labor for set up and clean up
I read on an earlier post that it is possible for an experienced 2 man crew to spray a set per day.

Could you give me pointers on estimating the labor for setting up to spray and the clean up after spraying.

From what I have gleaned the clean up is different when you use .5lb vs 2lb due to cutting back the foam.

Any guidelines that are used to accurately predict labor usage in these area's would be appreciated!
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 02:46 AM
Yes, a set a day for a 2 man crew is do-able - easily. This is from our experienced with 2lb CCF crew.

We don't really spray any .5lb foam, our sales staff push's the CC foam. It is more benificial to the customer in our area, as well as to our installers.

Yes the clean up is much easier with CC foam compaired to OC foam.... less sweeping/scraping/cutting/etc.

But to each their own... OC/CC - FOAM THE PLANET
richard cozzolino cozzolino
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 01:01 PM
BHI 2 part ? i noticed in some of your pictures the wall cavities are not sprayed flush i assume its 2 pound are you allowed to leave the air gap behind the wall, or should you fill the rest with .5 pound. someone said its like creating a chimney behind the wall and it should be flush all the time with cellulose or fiberglass.part 2 people want to know how do they snake wires at a later date if its all sprayfoam. im in CT and would love to get experience in estimating, spaying and of course the hard part clean up if any one needs free help last minute im willing to travel Rich 203-996-9370 richcozz@comcast.net

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.