Q&A Forums

probler p2 question Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 07:53 PM
probler p2 question
i was spraying a roofdeck saturday and my gun started leaking resin from behind the spray tip when triggered. i am still a newbie and all probs are new to me. but doing my homework before getting into this buisness, and common sense told me to check my side seal. since i took apart and reassembled my gun many times before ever using it, it didnt take long to remove and inspect the side seal. it looked fine! so did the o-ring!??????????? reassembled and the gun sprayed another set and a half with no probs. so now i am concerned. i have no idea what the hell happened and am worried that it will happen again. any ideas? tx
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 01:21 AM
Most likely you had a little impurity on the side seal which was allowing material to leak by. When you disassembled it again, the foreign matter was removed or otherwise flushed from the system. Since you sprayed the next 1.5 sets without issue I wouldn't worry!

BTW These are the discussions I like. You'll probably have someone (salesman) chime in and offer to sell you a new P2 that they have in stock to fix your problem!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 07:34 AM
Could you elaborate? What do you mean behind the tip? Do you mean around the tip or around the gun head where the side block attaches? When the gun was triggered? Do you mean while you were spraying you had foam and leaky resin? Either way, it is probably what Tim said; if you get a little junk on the end of the side seal, between the side seal and mixing chamber, you won't get a good seal and some resin can slip by. If that is the case, then when you are not spraying and air is coming out of the tip, you will see a fine mist of material coming out.

Hope this helps,

George
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 10:46 PM
on the p2, when you trigger the gun, the tip pulls into the body of the gun. resin was dripping from around the tip when triggered only. i was about a half a set into the job when i felt it dripping onto my hand. i did not see any mist when not triggered. i think i would have noticed since i was working on the gun on a metal roof. though i did not think to check for it. i probably should have since i had that prob when firing up the system for the first time. a problem that also went away after disassembly and finding nothing wrong.

my best guess is that the prob was from cleaning the gun. i wrap mine in a rag soaked in dynasolve, in a zip lock bag, then spray clean with compressed air. i think that when blowing it off i blew some trash into the tip. all i can figure.

if you like this sort of thread, check back often. i have worn the new off of my equipment now, so i expect probs in the future. i guess that should be expected. oh well, gives me something else to think about instead of how much of a pain in the ass that hose is!
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 11:24 PM
There isn't really any way that you could have blown some particle into the tip to cause such a problem. Have you checked the gun's alignment screw? With the air and fluid off, remove one of the sideblocks. Push the tip of the gun in as far as you can, just like it would be if you triggered it. The hole in the side of the mixing chamber should be centered in the hole of the side of the gun head. The allen set screw on the back of the gun is the stop, turn it clockwise to screw it in and push the mixing chamber more towards the front, counter clockwise to unscrew it and then push the mixing chamber back.

That could be it, but removing and replacing the side seal shouldn't fix it.

Geo

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.