Q&A Forums

Pricing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Rob Granger
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 08:06 PM
Pricing
I am new to pricing in some ares and would like some help!!!

1. Does anyone discount price per inch when spraying multiple inches of either OC or CC..
2. How much do you add when the ceiling is 34 ft high?
3. Do you charge for scaffolding?
4. Do you charge for disposal of trim foam?
5. Do you charge for putting plastic on windows?
philip mullins
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 11:58 PM
yes,

i drop a nickel per additional inch for open or rigid foam. as far as the high cielings and scaffolding goes, i consider this as additional work. and i charge more for jobs that exceed my normal scope of work. as far as cleaning and prepping is concerned, that is just part of doing a good job. we dont charge extra for that. hope this helps.
Rob Granger
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 07:59 AM
Troutkiller,
Give me an idea of how much extra you charge for scaffolding/high work will you.
philip mullins
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 11:38 PM
honestly, i have no set guidelines for those charges. thier are many variablaes on each job. i just kinda look at it and guess at how much of a pain in the a$$ its gonna be. then i decide how much i would be willing to do it for. wich varies on the size of the job, how much $ is in the foam, how bad i want the job, how much its gonna hurt if i fall, how my hose is gonna hang, if i gotta scrape the face of the studs, etc... way too much to list.

if i were trying to come up with a formula it would probably be something like set up and tear down time x labor cost x 2. + cost of renting scaffold if you dont own it. if after the scaffold is set up you can run and gun, then ur good. if not, then you gotta figure the extra time all hands on deck x 2 at least.

most importantly, make sure that you are insured to get in the air. if something were to happen... when dragging hose and looking up through a mask lots of things can happen.
Rob Granger
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 08:16 PM
Thanks for the response.... it all helps

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.