Q&A Forums

Pressure not equal Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 08:55 PM
Pressure not equal
I have a problem with my rig, I press the ON button in my E-30 reactor and both pressures are equal but when I pull the triguer in my gun the pressure in the A side does not rise the same as my B side, so after a couple of times cause E-24, could anybody tell me what can I do about it.

thanks.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 09:25 PM
If the pressures are equal on startup and when you pull the trigger the B goes higher than the A, it is not that the A side does not rise, it is because the B is not coming out of the gun. Check the B side filter of the gun. Could also have the B side of the mixing chamber blocked. Give a call if you want.

George Spanos
SFDONE
Brian Bothun
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 09:26 PM
Edit: We posted at the same time
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 07:24 AM
Thanks,

I am going to clean every piece of the gun and put it back together to see what happen.
Benjamin Skoog
Posted: Sep 30, 2010 09:36 PM
Could be any one of these:

Resin gun screen is plugged: clean it

Sluggish iso transfer pump : grease the O-ring in the air motor do the other side while your at it and maybe consider some automatic oilers.

Iso Y-Trap is plugged: clean it

This should help
Daniel X
Posted: Oct 01, 2010 02:04 AM
How do all of these folks end up with brand new gear and not a clue about the most basic concepts in spraying foam?
chad harris
Posted: Oct 06, 2010 05:28 PM
Q: My lawnmower quit running.

A: Check the gas.
jeff henderson
Posted: Oct 07, 2010 07:53 AM
dl123
A quick cut and paste from the main page of this forum "Welcome To SprayFoamMagazine.com's Q&A Forum
SprayFoamMagazine.com's Q&A Forum has become one of the most visitied and utilized in the industry. It is simple to read, simple to comment to, and it is an excellent knowledge resource for anyone looking for information about spray polyurethane foam applications, equipment troubleshooting, and code issues."

Perhaps you could ask the moderators of this site/forum to create a new message board, called something catchy like "enter the Dragon's Den with dl123" ...where cantankerous old foamers can lurk.

My question to you is "What is the point of an information sharing site if we don't actually share information?"

If you would like to critique the level of knowledge in the field, perhaps you could respond to Foamdude's posting re: input to SPFA - it seems that would be more productive than the current flavour of your reply comments.

As I briefly mentioned in another posting, I believe the strength of this site is its ability to raise the overall knowledge base in the field
Benjamin Skoog
Posted: Oct 07, 2010 10:02 PM
I agree with GotFoam? please don't discourage people from posting relevant questions on these boards. like he said I too would rather that these people get the knowledge they need to do these jobs properly so that our field doesn't get a bad name. Dylona I hope these suggestions have helped you out please feel free to continue posting your questions.
Daniel X
Posted: Oct 08, 2010 12:04 AM
I guess you guys missed the point then.

You don't want spray foam to have a bad name, but you have no problems with people who don't have a clue about spraying, going out and doing jobs?

I'd love for you guys to explain to me how off ratio foam being sprayed is doing the rest of the industry any favors?
jeff henderson
Posted: Oct 08, 2010 01:11 AM
Off ratio foam helps no one. Which is why you should take the time to answer the question posted. Then, after helping correct the actual posted problem, feel free to adress any underlying issues that you perceive. Again, I refer you to foamdude's recent spfa posting. Or perhaps to some of foamdude's postings over the past year or so...frequently cutting, but generally informative (and with such lovely poetry too!)
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 11:15 PM
Most of the time my problems are with the gun. Clean it out and grease it and check the o rings for cracks and chips. Only put a thin layer of grease on your components because it will clog up portals. If not that take the gun off and open the valves one at a time to see if you have good flow. You can dump the material directly back into your barrel, the resin will come out slower than the iso. Then if its not that check your y strainers on the proportioner, clean them out regardless.

If that is not it check your pumps, pull them out of the drums and make sure the little ball bearing can easily bounce around. Then when you try spraying crank up the pressure it may help blow out any blockages.

If not that if may be in your hose. Start by gently pushing a coat hanger in the whip and keep working your way back by each section of hose until you find the problem.

Good Luck, don't worry its lots of work but you will get it going.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.