Q&A Forums

pex tubing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Andrew Buff
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 07:36 PM
pex tubing
I was told by a plumber today that i can not spray a petroleum based product on pex tubing because it will cause it to bubble?He gave me the name and # of the local pex rep and he returned my call and said that i can not spray a petroleum based foam on it or paint or anything petro.based?.I have conducted a test and sprayed several flavors of foam on,in and around several different colors of pex tubing and there is no visual signs of disortion. its plastic? any thaughts
mason
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 08:19 PM
We have been hearing these kind of stories around the country and the SPF industry is currently addressing the issue. A task group has been formed to respond to specific issues and to conduct testing of generic products to demonstrate the safe use of SPF on a variety of plastic pipe and wiring insulation. Contact SPFA for more information at 800-523-5164.
Andrew Buff
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 09:28 PM
Thanks mason.have they come up with anything(answers) on what one might do if they were going to spray a house full of pex?
mason
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 01:32 PM
Right now they have identified a list of what they perceive to be the most critical issues and are addressing those first. But, I would call SPFA and ask Kurt about your specific inquiry. The more inquiries about one issue, the higher it goes on the list.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.