Q&A Forums

Nominate Your Favorite Technical Service Rep! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mason
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 10:13 AM
Nominate Your Favorite Technical Service Rep!
Its time again to nominate and vote for the best technical service representative in the sprayfoam industry.

Last year Bob Jutras narrowly beat out George Spanos to be named the sprayfoammagazine.com Technical Representative of the Year.

Bob and George are automatic nominees based on last years showing, but we know there are a lot more.

We need at least 3 persons to officially nominate a candiate to be eligible for voting.

Along with your nomination, it would help to add some specific anecdotal information that prompted your nomination.

The criteria is simple: Who has best provided the best technical service to you and your company?

We are looking for the person who went above and beyond to help get your job on track or your equipment going, helped out with a building code issues, employee training, marketing, specifications or a host of other services.

Let us know who the stars are; let the dialogue begin!
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Jan 01, 2011 06:18 PM
Ok, i'll start,

I nominate George from SPFDONE. He has 99% of the parts and other goods to keep you spraying, calls you back every time,goes out of his way to get you what you need when you need it.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 02, 2011 09:44 PM
I didn't respond before this as you said George was an automatic nominee from last year. However if you need another to help make your 3, count me in.
George is always just a phone call away. What impressed me most when I first met George 4 years ago was he was a contractor, not a salesman. He answered my questions, spending several hours on the phone and months thru e-mail, never really knowing if there was ever going to be a sale at the end.
When there finally was a sale, things just got better. There was alot of tech support needed in the beginning, not for the equipment but for me. New equipment performs great, new applicators don't.
He also hosts the Northeast Sprayfoam Conference every spring, giving the veterans time to interact with other contractors from different regions. You can discuss differnet ideas and meet new friends. I've met people from Illinois, New York and Barbadoes there, not my competitors,but rather my commrades.
I've also sat thru a gun teardown and reassembly session at 10 pm at last years conference because 2 newcomers wanted to know. I can't believe you will get that dedication from any other distributor. I know the Graco guys were ready to throw in the towel by 5 oclock.
I am proud to stand up and speak for George and more importantly to call him my friend.
Foam......gotta love it......gotta live it, and George does just that.
steven argus
Posted: Jan 03, 2011 01:12 PM
I didn't respond either for that reason. George is da man! My business is sucessful because of George.
quentin
Posted: Jan 04, 2011 08:06 AM
For me that would be a hard choice between George who is always a great guy willing to help and also John Thompson. Can I nominate both?
Doug Commette
Posted: Jan 04, 2011 08:30 AM
Hey guys thanks for your all your support on the forums this year. Dont forget this is a "nomination" post from Mason looking for names. The support for George is great, but that all comes in round two, where Mason will list all the submitted names, and then have you pull and vote for your winner.

No worries. Again the support for George is great and well deserved!!
steven argus
Posted: Jan 06, 2011 10:44 PM
I nominate Chris @ S.F.D.O.N.E. Very rarely does George take a vacation. When he does, Chris fills in and does a stellar job.
Doug Commette
Posted: Jan 06, 2011 11:08 PM
I nominate Chris too. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO33q24_D64

It was made because of Chris's work and dedication!

DC
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Jan 07, 2011 06:42 AM
Doug do you have the video of Chris walking on water? That would cinch him in to win the whole thing.
mason
Posted: Jan 08, 2011 10:57 AM
Thaks for your nominations, We will consider everyone that gets at least 3 nominations. You can nominate more than one person. Please list their full name so we can make sure we are nominating the right person. It helps as some of you have done to let us know the company they work for. For example, there may be more than one George working for one company.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 09, 2011 07:31 PM
OH NO, Mason, Believe me there is only one George,LOL
steven argus
Posted: Jan 10, 2011 10:22 AM
Maybe George has figured out how to clone himself?
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 06:53 AM
George Spanos is the best. Great service, always available and calls back timely if not.
I nominate George.

Cape Cod Spray Foam
Professor Foamâ„¢
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 10:49 AM
This year I certainly feel that Frank Sica deserves a shot at being recognized as the best based on his 40+ years of service in the industry and his undying dedication to answering the phone no matter what time, day or holiday you may need him.
Gianni Latona
Posted: Jan 11, 2011 05:00 PM
I nominate on behalf of our company two tech reps who deserve to be on this list.

John Thompson and Joe Roberto of spray foam nation.

They are a valuable asset to any spf contractor.
sprayaway

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 05:34 AM
Frank Sica with his 40+ years of service in the industry and his undying dedication to answering the phone no matter what time, day or night and holidays. Thanks for your support.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 08:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Haven't posted in a while. You guys keep us pretty busy, especially with our new shop going up. Thank you all for the kind words and your continued support.

George Spanos
President
SFDONE
Ryan Betts
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 10:37 AM
I would like to nominate Frank Sica for his outstanding work he has done in the industry.He has helped us solved so many tecnical problems in our forty years of spray foam.
Ryan Betts
Posted: Jan 13, 2011 10:37 AM
I would like to nominate Frank Sica for his outstanding work he has done in the industry.He has helped us solved so many tecnical problems in our forty years of spray foam.

TJ Peters

Posted: Feb 01, 2011 12:43 PM
I would like to nominate Jamie Reece of Spray Foam Systems.
Bob Silverman
Posted: Feb 01, 2011 08:50 PM
Can you nominate yourself like that?
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 01, 2011 09:36 PM
I want to nominate Jevon Reinert, Spray Equipment & Service Center, Wichita, KS
Also John Thompson he knows more than anyone I've met to bad he's in Ohio and we're in Nebraska
Cory Boehs
Posted: Feb 02, 2011 12:11 AM
Amen, TJ! Jevon and John are awesome!
mason
Posted: Feb 04, 2011 08:17 AM
OK We have our finalists. Now the next round, SprayFoamMagazine.com will set up a link on the front page to vote on the candidates for Service Rep of the Year.

The finalist are:

George Spanos
Bob Jutras
Frank Sica
John Thompson

I would like you guys to continue on this page to let us know some specifics about why your nominee deserves the award.

I know 3 of the nominees very well and will start off with background info that I know.

Frank Sica has been in the sprayfoam business since 1968. He was the main technical support guy for the Gusmer Corporation for decades. When I was setting up foam rigs for ER Carpenter company in the early 80s, Frank was my go to guy. He always had the answer for me.

Later around 1997 I went to work for Gusmer running their Technical and and Sales Dept. Frank was the main Technical sales rep for Gusmer for not only spray systems but for complicated computer run OEM pour machines. Always on top of his game and a great wealth of knowledge of all type of equipment. I am happy to see him continue his great service with PMC.

Bob Jutras is also a great asset to the industry. He has been a member of SPFA's Accreditation Committee for more than 10 years. He teaches the equipment chapter of course 101 for SPFA. He is always available to his customers to help troubleshooting their equipment. Many times I have seen his phone buzz and Bob step out into the hall during a meeting. Listening in to a conversation that went something like this; " Look to the left of the pump base, see that nut, loosen it and ...."

He has a natural way of relating to an applicator by just being a regular guy and doesn't talk in the clouds or confuse you with complicated instructions. A great choice and defending winner.

George Spanos has not been in the industry as long as Frank and Bob, but his customer service is second to none. Always available night and day, holidays and weekends. He runs an annual conference that I have had the privelege to attend the last 3 years. Folks come from all over the north east and even as far away as Barbados. He brings in speakers who are experts in their field to talk to his customers about a wide variety of topics from HRVs to infra-red cameras to setting up your own website.

His customers are fiercely loyal because George is one of those rare persons who takes personal responsibility for the products he sells and tests out the foam and equipment with a variety of common sense techniques. For example, I visted him one time and he had 5 samples of foam sprayed between a wood stud framework from different manufacturers sitting out in the snow, measuring how much the foam shrinks out in the elements. Not scientific but pretty practical way to compare relative dimensional stability in cold climates.

Let us know more about John Thompson so we can get a better understanding of why he received the nominations.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 05, 2011 08:54 AM
Mason,

Thanks for the kind words. But please, stop telling peeps that I am available nights, holidays and weekends! That is only for emergencies! And by emergency, someone shut down on a job that has to be done tomorrow. Trying to get away from the hour long Sat am chats!

George
mason
Posted: Feb 07, 2011 08:46 AM
George, Sorry about that I should have qualified the holiday/weekend thing, but I have seen you do those things to get someone up and running.

As George says, ONLY Contact HIM ON WEEKENDS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. LIKE YOUR RIG BLEW UP!
Jason Day
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 03:18 PM
I would like to post a vote for George Spanos. His tech support is priceless! He keeps us spraying wether it be a quick foam delivery or an hour on the phone diagnosing a problem. Thanks George!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.