Q&A Forums

No Hose Heat Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Austin Blau
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 08:10 PM
No Hose Heat
I have no hose heat. I am running an E-XP2 reactor and I have had no E03 readings so I know I have continuity in my line. Also, I have had no E04 readings so that would suggest that my thermocouple is working. I have also made sure that its not my A or B side heaters by recirculating the material through the machine and checking the temp before it goes down the line. I have 210 ft of hose and by the time it gets to my whip its cooled down to the point that I am fire hosing. My temperature gauge reads a consistent 135 on my line temp. Do you have any suggestions on what this could be?
bryce kennedy
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 10:10 PM
Have you took a multimeter and actually checked the wires to the end? Section by section if it is a series of hoses. Have you opened up some spots on the hose to check for heat?
Austin Blau
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 07:45 AM
Yes, I have opened up my hose at the whip and made a loop right at then end with the wires. Then I went back to my machine and checked the two wires running down the hose with the multimeter and I had continuity. If there was no continuity I was planning on looping the wires at each fifty foot section to single out the bad one but unfortunately that wasn't an option. Also, I have opened the hose up at a couple sections and felt that there is no heat.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 09:04 AM
Where is your fluid temp sensor located? Is it before the whip? 60' back? Does it spray good when you first start then cool off? When it starts to fire hose, what does the temp gauge say the temp is? What does the temp display show when you start up in the am? and does it slowly increase in temp to 135? If so, how long does that take? What is the re-activity of the foam like? Is it brown and runny like it is cold, or is it white and fast? Open or closed cell? Brand?

George
Austin Blau
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 05:53 PM
NHSsprayfoammagazine.com I want to thank you for taking time to attempt to help me with my issue but I figured it out today. It was an issue with my FTS connection.
mason
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 11:21 PM
Note: We had the same issue during Field Exams at the sprayfoam conference in Palm Springs. The TSU was positioned 50 ft from the spray gun and was sitting in the sun. While the hose leading to the spray gun was in the shade. Pattern started to fire hose, we all of the hose in the shade and it corrected the problems.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Feb 04, 2014 05:27 PM
Mason, was this the new RTD cable on the TSU, do you know (at the field exam). It think it was the Reactor 2 right?
mason
Posted: Feb 05, 2014 11:42 AM
It was the new reactor with all the secret sauce, plug in your gallons in each drum, automatic shut off when you get close to running out and had the remote read out > Just had the TSU between the 1st and 2nd section of hose. I like mine close to the gun.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.