Q&A Forums

new codes my a/[;';][= Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Leonard Stansbury
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 06:06 PM
new codes my a/[;';][=
well this is not a question today i got jacked out of a job. The reason being is the A/C man told the owner that the new 2009 codes require a special a/c unit if a building is sprayed with foam. the unit was call a fresh air make up system. Because the building will be so air tight that the air will become stale and the unit will not run proper. has any one heard of this?
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 10:46 AM
stan,,you did not get jacked,,you got saved,,
do a search on
supplied air ventilation
hrv
erv
natural air exchanges

there is good dialoge on this sites forum,,,
check it out
'dude
Leonard Stansbury
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 03:59 PM
yes i do know that with any hvac system you still need fresh air, but all that has to be done is from out side air to be piped in to the supply side of the unit.well that is what i am told by other a/c people. but you do not have to have an elaborate hvac system as this man told me or am i wrong?
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 09:53 PM
In La. we are only required to bring in 6 inches of fresh air into the attic on either a new construction or retro fit. Most of these guys are using one ways to get the job done. Some of the AC guys are bringing in fresh air through the induction vents which is always a good idea in any house whether it is spray foamed or not.

I think that the AC guy is either pushing traditional insulation or isn't in his comfort zone when talking about spray foam.

Seems to me that these days you don't have to be an expert in order to claim to be one. I hate to see you losing work over that.

Goodluck.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 03:28 AM
no,,this aint about makeup air for the hvac system,,
its about makeup air for the occupants,,,(i think that is what the ac guy was eluding to)...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 02:31 PM
All they have to do is add an HRV onto the system (or ERV) and it will be fine. It puts the homeowner in complete control of the home airchange.

go gettum,

og

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.