Q&A Forums

Moisture problem from compressor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Daniel Rose
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 02:25 PM
Moisture problem from compressor
We are using 2-4 filters on our air compressor and we are still having a lot of down time with moisture problems. We are fairly new at this and I hoped someone had ideas on how to deal with this problem. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has. Thanks
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 03:04 PM
Are you using a separate air dryer after the compressor or just using filters to try and separate the water. If not using an air dryer, they are relatively inexpensive (in comparison to downtime) and quite simple to install and maintain. Try www.eatoncompressor.com for their selection of air dryers.

Tim
Daniel Rose
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 03:14 PM
No. We have just been using the filters and are going nuts dealing with the problem. Are the air dryers easy to install and how long do they typically last? Thanks for your help.
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 03:15 PM
If you have a 5-7.5 hp compressor you are looking at about $500 if you have a 10-15hp compressor you are looking at about $675. They are very easy to install just plumb it inline after your compressor. They run on electricity and will last a long time (indefinitely). Call Matt with eaton and talk with him, he knows his stuff!

Tim
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 08:55 PM
What Tim said...

olger
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:38 PM
I purchased a Curtis for a little over $1200. I running at 40cfm and had to get the larger unit. It works great. Looks like this one http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/belht20.html
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 06:50 AM
Has anyone tried a membrane dryer or dessicant? I haven't been using anything as far as a dryer. Hasn't been a problem so far. This past month however there seems to be more moisture than usual and I think it is causing an issue with my B pump. Thinking about trying something.

George
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 09:38 AM
I have a simple ingersoll rand filter module.had no problems. just got to make sure i empty it out at the end of the job.used 1/2 set of closed cell yesterday. got maybe a pint of water.
what sort of problems do you have with the moisture? what telltale signs should I be looking for?
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 08:25 PM
i run a coalescing filter 1st in line from the tank,,next in line is the airdryer...and all regulators have manual condensate drain...
air motors do not like moisture...
urethanes do not like moisture...

matt at eaton is top shelf....stands behind what he sells...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 08:32 PM
Newb: That unit is a private labeled Hankison. Good unit.

George: Dessicant is usually insufficient because it will saturate too quick. Air dryer is the way to go.

RF: A moisture collector is insufficient as well. It will help, sure, but not remove all water. A refrigerated air dryer is the way to go for sure (not hair dryer).

have a great week,

olger

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.