Q&A Forums

metal building Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 08, 2007 11:09 PM
metal building
I am having a 60' x 30' metal building built. Would spray foam work to insulate it? Can the foam be sprayed on the celing and then painted black? Should I have the builder not install the rolled plastic insulation? This building is going to be used as a party barn and I want to air condition it. I live in South Texas and the temp gets high. Thank you for your help.
Posted: May 09, 2007 08:45 AM
Absolutely you can insulate your metal building, I will be pleased to work with you regarding this project. www.coolsprayllc.com . You will find contact info there.

Kenneth
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 09, 2007 10:18 PM
Spray it and you'll love it. We have 8100 ft² sprayed with foam (our shop).
Michael Flander
Posted: May 10, 2007 09:28 AM
Where in Texas are you at Luke?

Mike Flander
Posted: May 10, 2007 11:09 AM
I live in Victoria. I was also wondering about open cell vs closed cell and what lbs .5 vs up to 3lb
Posted: May 10, 2007 02:51 PM
2" closed cell sides
3" closed cell lids
this will give you a nice application and good thermal performance...
to thermal barrier or not to thermal barrier,,,that is the question???check with your local officials up front...

if you foam,,,you wont need the plastic wrapped filterglass,,,
yes you can paint foam,
enjoy
Posted: May 10, 2007 08:37 PM
foamdude, what part of the country are you located in??
quentin
Posted: May 11, 2007 09:14 PM
I went on a job doing an old barn being converted to a mechanic's garage for his business and it was open cell. I fell in love with foam after that! A LOT quieter, more comfortable with the heat, you could see it coming out the gaps in the old walls and it was a lot nicer in the short space for overhead storage when I kept knocking my head! Foam vs. a heave wood beam on that one. My head preferred the foam when being a klutz. LOL
Posted: May 14, 2007 03:48 PM
sorry for the delay ken...
i am in the cornfields of eastern iowa....
Posted: May 14, 2007 03:48 PM
...and it was covered with a thermal barrier?.....
i hope...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.