Q&A Forums

Massive goey mess cleanup suggestions needed. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 05:20 AM
Massive goey mess cleanup suggestions needed.
I was spraying TigerFoam and did not notice the darker material was not flowing at the same rate as the lighter material. I now have a goey mess on my hands. I've scraped off the bulk of it, what do I do with the rest on rough concrete. (My glasses fogged up - I was half asleep, - OK, no excuses, my brain failed.) Fortunately it is on my own property, not a customer's. Should I just leave it until it hardens up (how many months or years does that take in a relatively damp environment?), sandblast it? or spray right over it when there is a minimal amount of it remaining. Will the sprayed on foam absorb into the goey remains? The area involved is about 200 square feet. Ten minutes spraying it on, and so far about 6 hours scraping it off. I tried acetone, but the roughness in the concrete prevents it from being effective.
mason
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 08:55 AM
You need to remove the off ratio foam. Do not spray over it. Mechanical scrape off as much as you can. Then ask your supplier for their recommendation on a solvent that may best remove the rest of it. Remember that the gooey mess is a low level hazardous waste and has to be disposed of properly. Check out safety and health documents at polyurethane.org for more information on spills and disposal of mdi.

Be sure to wear proper protective clothing, nitrile gloves, tyvek suits and respirator protection when removing the foam. (also when spraying)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.