Q&A Forums

Low-pressure foam? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gordon Howard
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 07:23 AM
Low-pressure foam?
Posting a second notice: Does anyone know who makes a small black low-pressure spray mcahine that sprays foam and coatings. The thing is tiny. I need to know and the image has been taken off of youtube. It had a trigger system that i din't think was possible with low-pressure and the thing was spraying very faast!
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 08:43 AM
I think you are talking about the heated raider machine and the palm gun.

Website is http://www.polyproco.com/raider.html

hope thats what you needed. I am still looking for the website on the palm gun.
found it http://www.pentech.us/PENTECHPALMGUN.htm

later
Gordon Howard
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 07:15 PM
thanks for the site, i really appreciate the response, however, that is not the same machine.

The one I saw was in a video on the web for a while i think on you tube and i'm not kidding the machine was the size of a toaster oven and the guy was hauling with it.

If i can't find out where this machine came from I am going to go crazy. I had the thing bookmarked on the internet and accidentally erased my history thing in tools.

The machine was about one square foot big. It had two tiny tanks hanging from it.

It was definitley not a cox cartridge gun. I had someone suggest that to me so I contacted cox and they sent me to a site for a "Quad" ratio pak system and it wasn't that either.

if you think of anything or know anyone else who might think they know get back to me. i would pay money to find out how to get more info on this thing.
mason
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 08:33 PM
I have to admit, I have no idea. You need 3 things to have good foam. Pressure, heat and mechanical mixing. When you have low pressure, you require greater heat or greater mechanical mixing. Or a different type of foam.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 04, 2009 10:37 AM
The machine you are looking for is a L'il Pup, made by Dan from Thermoset Systems.

http://www.sprayfoammachines.com/

regards,

g
Posted: Dec 05, 2009 07:45 AM
what the heck ger,,,since the topic is over a year old lets get this party started...

QUOTE: "You need 3 things to have good foam. Pressure, heat and mechanical mixing. When you have low pressure, you require greater heat or greater mechanical mixing. Or a different type of foam."

which is why the froth pak systems are not compareable to a high pressure, spray applied, expanding spf systems...
even with their heated hose,,,heated hose is used to maintain temp,,,it is not capable of makeing heat...specially when there is fluid moving thru it...

you are applying a PRE-EXPANDED media at LOW PRESSURE...at best you are adding about AN ADDITIONAL 1-2 R PER INCH...is the r value worth the cost without the added expansion/air barrier component afforded by a high pressure expanding spf system? it does not expand into the minute cracks and crevases,,and they will still draw under pressurization/pressurizaiton differential...hmmm

the froth pack flash and batt systems are a great reason for a discerning contractor/designer/homeowner not to upgrade to a foam insulation system....
and it is being used to help direct that train of thought,,,great marketing...the future...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.