Q&A Forums

Injection Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 09:39 PM
Injection Foam
Anyone familiar with Tripolymers that has an article on the front page?

Insulation seems interesting for Cinder Block Application. Does anyone know if it is an A and B formula or does it come pre-mixed?

Is there an equivalent with traditional Spray Foam that is applied by a plural component machine?

I do have a need for this type of insulation, I have just been hesistant in going in and blowing sheetrock off of the walls by injecting.

Steve
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 11:15 PM
Steve,

These foam are pretty easy to use and are a great compliment to spray foam. The three main companies are cfi foam( insulsmart), polymaster, and tripolymers.

There are pour foams that you can use with your standard sprayfoam equipment but they can't always be used in the same way as tri polymer foams

shoot me an email if you have any questions, my company has been doing this type of work for a couple years now.

lukek.ecofoam@gmail.com
SPFer
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 12:17 PM
Nice brown Luke! You are indeed living the dream! And yes, I did name my company after the fly.

Dave Prell
Caddis Insulation, Inc.
Steve Fortin
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 01:23 PM
Hi Steve, My name is Mike Green. I Am the national distributor for Tripolymer products.

Please contact me @ 734-320-5816 for clarification of differences in chemistry and performances

Thanks Mike G.
mason
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 02:37 PM
This is not a polyurethane foam. It has similar properties to 0.5 lb density open cell polyurethane foam but is white in color and contains different ingredients. This is the next generation of foam plastics that was developed and marketed in the 60s and 70s as urea formaldehyde foam. Due to problems with offgassing and odors that foam was basically discontinued. This material took its place. I don't have much personal background with the product or field history. It is designed to be sprayed into cavities without blowing off the sheetrock.
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 10:57 PM
Didn’t think I would see you here Mike, hey I enjoyed the trip, it was a little colder than we thought it would be. Getting things together at this end. Didn’t get Doug’s papers yet please send them to me so we can get him done. How did that wall look that we sprayed, well email me at AeroFoam96@yahoo thanks for the training.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.