Q&A Forums

Industry Best Practices Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jun 18, 2007 11:19 AM
Industry Best Practices
Where can I find information or training about the industry best practices for applying spray foam, using the correct foam, caulking, etc. to ensure the very best results. There seems to be so many opinions that no one agrees on everything. Is there a definitive source for the correct information?
mason
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 01:33 PM
Foamguy,

I still believe the most objective source of industry best practices are the SPFA technical doucuments and accreditation courses. For a short time only, the technical documents can be downloaded without charge at www.sprayfoam.org. I teach two of the educational courses, 101 R (fundamentals of SPF roofing) and 101 BE (fundamentals of SPF used in the Building Envelope) Both courses consist of two days of instruction (Power Point presentations and a written manual) with a written test and cover a whole host of topics including, foam chemistry, foam equipment, applications, inspections, safety and health, coatings, coatings equipment, codes and standards and more. The technical documents and courses are developed by committees consisting of a cross section of the industry including contractors, foam manufacturers, coating manufacturers, equipment suppliers, inspection companies and other trade association personnel.

Of course I am available for private consultation on the industry and can provide you with inside information of the industry that is completely objective. I don't represent any specific manufacturer, distributor or contractor, but have more than 37 years of experience in the industry in a wide variety of positions.

contact me at masonknowles@aol.com or 572-239-5221. My rates are reasonable.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.