Q&A Forums

how many sets Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
thomas malloy
Posted: May 06, 2008 08:43 AM
how many sets
my boss thinks i should be able to spray 3 kits in one day , closed cell. is this possible, what tips shoul i be using.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: May 06, 2008 08:48 AM
First question does your boss spray? My record is 3.5 sets in a day and that was on a wide open application. If you are spraying residential applications 1-1.5 sets of closed cell per day is really good. The biggest thing with spraying foam is to be able to spray the same amount every day.
mason
Posted: May 06, 2008 08:49 AM
It depends on the type of job and the type of equipment. Using a machine that can pump 25-35 lbs of foam per minute, you could easily spray 3 -4 kits of foam in a roofing application. (assuming the roof does not require a lot of detail work)

But if you are spraying residential, 1.5 - 2 kits of foam a day is very good production. Again, it would depend on how much detail work is involved.

There are some ways to increase productivity:
1. Work off scaffolds
2. Mask everything including the floor
3. Use two sprayers per rig (never have to shut the gun down and the down sprayer can assist the sprayer locate holidays and low spots.
4. Learn how to switch drums efficiently.
5. Stagger breaks and lunch among the crew

Any other ideas out there
thomas malloy
Posted: May 06, 2008 09:08 AM
i would be spraying a 7000 sq ft ceiling @ 7 inches probaly driving a gennie boom or sissor lift how many sets would be good in that type of application
Terry Tillett
Posted: May 12, 2008 03:21 PM
if you spray 1-set you are doing great 1-1/2 set
extremly great day, resisential walls and ceiling work, I hope you are getting paid for your effort 2-sets a day you are extremly valuable to business. lotta work in 2-sets
especially residential/commercial, even with a
electric-sizzorlift

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.