Q&A Forums

hose issuses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
shay van reenen
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 02:24 AM
hose issuses
hi i recently had to rebuild our e-10 a-side (don't ask nlol) everything was working fine for the first few jobs. but after idle for a week the a-side hoses nearly blocked and only barely pumped free. i flushed the lines and all good again until it st idle for another week.
Now..instead of purchasing new graco hoses at rebuild. (ours were full of foam....yup) my boss bought hoses from a industrial fluid mechanic's outlet. they are a thermoplastic polyester with a nylon liner and are rated for xylene (not that we use it) anyway ever since i flushed the a-side with DPM the material in the hose is foamy and resembles boiling sugar when ever it sits for a few days. and now will not pump. the iso pumps fine and normal consistancy at the temperature sensor outlet. i think my question is have i platicized the nylon liner with the dpm? what is dpm? (so i can get hoses rated for it) do we need a tivar liner? the iso does not appear to be oxidised but more corrupted??
Randy Taff
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 11:29 AM
For ISO hose I always use Synflex 100R7 Moisture lock. It is a light blue hose with a low perm rating. ISO will not be an issue if you recirculate that hose once a week or even once every two weeks.
shay van reenen
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 07:53 PM
thanks BC, in regards to circulation we do recirc weekly, and have never had issuses this regularly until post rebuild the only factor that changes was the hoses it appears that the hoses we use and the synflex 100r7 are almost identical im waiting on their tech dept to get back to me. seems now a more likely scenario is resisdual dpm in the hoses is breaking up the iso into foamy goop. thankyou for your time and info now at least i know its not the hose liner. foam on brother.
shay van reenen
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 10:19 PM
well i've cleared the hoses using the ancient kung-fu technique 'pushing long piece of wire'and am now reflushing. e-10 is pumping strong. must implement rigid staff recirc protocols. or just use ancient fool-proof method of 'do it myself'

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.