Q&A Forums

hose heat probs... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 06:28 AM
hose heat probs...
h25/35 pro...pre graco,,non-adjustable tap for hose heat (plug&pray),,,no mods or changes to pro from stock,,,
we have recently changed to an aftermarket continious run hose,,with 250' from pump, then temp transducer,,then 50,,then 10' whip,,then 2' flexiwhip
we are haveing the hose heat breaker in the pro's control panel trip at regular intervals,,,,,,we recently "burned" the heat trace in the whip resin hose well into the hose caseing itself,,,burn baby burn,,resin inferno,,(imagine that,,,lol)..
now since i did the hose retro we have seen the "sber" flash on the hose heat controler as well,,which in the past has meant a bad or loose connection somewhere in the xducer path,,,metered the cable,,no breaks,,checked and rechecked all connections,,we have been unable to remedy this intermittant conditon,,,
seems to occur more often at higher temps,,
any suggestions before i burn this mutha up???
'dude
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 08:43 AM
Hey Dude,

When you burned the whip hose, did you get a break in the line where the trace crimps to the #4 copper wire? If so, did you repair it, or buy a new whip hose? When you make repairs like this, we have found that you need to polish the copper trace and clean the wire otherwise you will have problems like you describe. Last time I repaired a hose, I cleaned it as new, crimped and soldered it.

Hope this helps,

George
clint moore
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 10:33 AM
Dude, Craig Heir,who was the head tech. for Gusmer,and now works for Intech on the east coast can probably help you with your problems. His number is 732-370-0411.
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 08:19 AM
no george,,the trace burned into the hose itself,,scarey,,,a bit over amped me thinks,,,

and im with you on cleanin up and soldering connections,,yes they are a bummer to tear down,,but you greatly reduce the resistance from the "loose" connection..

callin the tech peeps this week,,,
thanx maxx

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.