Q&A Forums

fusion ap - piston won't 'piston' when trigger is 'triggered' Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
jeff henderson
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 08:40 PM
fusion ap - piston won't 'piston' when trigger is 'triggered'
Hello everyone in foam land...I have officially given up trying to troubleshoot my gun - hoping for some help.

I have air through all three ports but not enough, apparently, to move the air piston back and forth when triggering.

Have boiled the gun handle, reamed out the ports from the top down into the trigger valve assembly, reamed out the ports from the bottom of the handle up, boiled again, cleaned, blew air, got out the torch and burnt the beejeeberz out of the handle...more reaming...more drilling. Still no movement. (and yes, it can be moved by hand when apart!)

Burnt, boiled and reamed out the trigger valve stem. Lots of air flow.

Took apart the fitting for the air line...burnt, boiled and reamed. Lots of air flow.

I briefly considered that the back of the gun was threading on so tight that it was blocking the rearmost port...tested that by backing off of the tightening..backed off enough to make a pressure chamber that went 'pop' rather dramatically in fact. So here I am three hours later, nursing my darn-near blown off finger, going...what next?

So folks...any ideas for me? As always, a northern Manitoba fishing day is on offer as a thank you.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 10:13 PM
Did you take out the muffler on the bottom of the handle? If you have the fluid section detached from the handle, will it trigger then?
jeff henderson
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:26 AM
yes I took off the muffler. Cleaned out the port leading up to the trigger assembly. Right now it is down to the bare bones handle with piston and threaded cap on the back. trigger = no piston movement.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 07:27 AM
I think you need to take of the plastic nut at the back that your air attaches to (take of the nut and push the trigger out from the front) and clean out the trigger shaft itself. There are 2 very small holes in there that need to be cleaned. I use a drill bit and a bigger one to push from the back side and blow air through from the back. Make sure it is totally clean.
clint moore
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:56 PM
Not that this is what happened but i have seen it before. When releasing the safety on the gun you have to push it in and turn it counter clockwise.
If you do not push it in and turn you unscrew the bar from the back of the safety.
So even if the safety is release it will not allow the piston to retract fully or not at all.
Just a thought.
jeff henderson
Posted: Nov 06, 2009 11:52 AM
and the almost final answer....

apparently the wrong sized o-rings on the valve stem make a difference when trying to direct the ait through different ports.

Who knew?

Not me apparently...sure looked like the right size!

Of course, this also ultimately led to a cross over of mammoth proportions that forced iso into the air line which then led to other headache inducing problems.

Tell me again why I am doing this?
clint moore
Posted: Nov 06, 2009 05:41 PM
While your at it the spool valve that has those 3 little o-rings on it is hollow and air flows through it to allow clean off air to get to the tip.
might check it as well..

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.