Q&A Forums

forum use Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPFer
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 10:05 AM
forum use
I recently posted a new topic looking for an SPF contractor in a specific area as a friend of mine in that area is looking for insulation. I was told this was spam and my post was deleted. I don't believe that one steady user and poster of this forum should be discouraged from using this forum to find a quality contractor for a friend, as well as finding work for someone who uses these forums.

Any thoughts?
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 01:24 PM
I couldn't agree more.

If I need an applicator in a certain area, I will ask and I am sure that it won't get kicked back for Spam.

Did you call Damian to find out whats up?

Steve
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 06:07 AM
caddis,,frustrating indeed..
but consider,,,,
this is supposed to be an information forum,,,
and there are other avenues on sprayfoamdotcom for peeps to list for work needed,,list for jobs,,list for stuff for sale,,,
you notice that most credible vendors do not "spam" the forum with specials or other "Free advertising",,,unless their product is a specific solution to a problem/question asked,,,
this is how doug and the crew make their daily bread,,,all the while providing us with this forum to beat our chests,,,,
what he is suggesting,,me thinks,,is that you use the contractor referral service that some of the foampeeps pay for to be listed on this site,,,and the beat goes on,,,,,
and you posted your request in ask mason forum,,which,,,as you know,,is a tech forum,,,

and i would consider,,,everyone on here thinks they are the best out there,,or we wouldnt be out here,,,and to ask for a request for a good applicator on a internet forum,,is kinda like buyin a hooker off of craigslist,,,you may get a good applicator,,you may get the crabs,,,
look at the contractor listings for the area you are looking at,,,
call em,,tell em you saw the listing on sprayfoamdotcom,,,
ASK THEM FOR 3 REFERENCES to validate their claims..AND CHECK THEM
go to spfa and look for a member in your area,,these are peeps that look at this as a profession,,,not just a paycheck,,,
there are quite a few good applicators in chicago..a couple recognized by the spfa for their residential work,,,nice fellas too!!!!
dont get pissy and stick around caddis,,i enjoy your posts,,,,
have a good one,,,
'dude
SPFer
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 11:06 AM
Don't worry dude,

I ain't going nowhere. Just frustrated. I spend alot of time on these forums and feel I have gotten to know most of the common posters. Then, I try to do something that could be beneficial to both parties and hurts no one, and am told it is Spam. Beaucratic BS if you ask me. However, the original post is still up, my overall attitude is unaffected, and the dude still abides.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.