Q&A Forums

Foam School Recommendations... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 01:48 PM
Foam School Recommendations...
Ive been spraying for two years, and want to learn more. I am in the upper midwest, so i will have to travel. What school have you attended and what do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance
Linerman
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 08:31 PM
where did you go for training?

CPI does training.
quentin
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:19 AM
I'll be hitting the next CPi class Sept 8-9th so can tell you what a newbie thinks then unless you decide you want to hit that one. It is in Beaverton Ohio.
jerry rader
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 09:46 PM
Congrats Quentin on purchasing your spray rig. I've seen your post for quite a while now.I too want to get into the business but this economy has me holding off.Hopefully that will change next year, not to many homes going up around here.
Rob Granger
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 10:25 AM
Radar,
If I decided to get into the insulation business today with the down turned economy I would have no hesitation, but I would choose injection foam for existing home walls, a much bigger market at this point. We just purchased a rig from cfifoam.com. My first job was $ 10,000 and I have 7 more jobs averaging $5,000 to complete. I live in a rural area. Cfi is a great product, company, very good training, and support. Call them and tell Richard Rob told you to call.

Rob
YES FOAM
quentin
Posted: Sep 02, 2008 10:03 PM
Thanks radar! I am lucky that my area is still expanding though slwer. Also I am a disabled veteran so plan on going after the lcal military base. They gained $350 million for new construction after gaining a bunch of units in the last realignment the government did.
quentin
Posted: Sep 09, 2008 01:06 PM
OK, on lunch at the CPi Foam School and they are good. The instructors all know what they are doing, are honest and the place is friendly. I woul dhave no problems or reservations suggesting it to anyone who is interested in getting in to the business. We have people from all over the nation in class so it isn't just us suckers in Ohio here.

Also for those who are having problems with foam suppliers that are not supporting them in dealing with things like code officials, they have the experts here to help you and will. They also are coming out with a house brand which is really LaPolla so they are planning on a quality product there too. It might be worth getting with them about the support and their E Zero brand for the extra support.

I plan to come back to the school again later to learn other aspects in other classes they offer. They are real people who use the equipment and do the actual work so it isn't just some geek who read the manual telling you how to do things. If you have a chance it is worth the trip to hit it.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.