Q&A Forums

Foam Scarfer Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Circle-D
Posted: May 24, 2010 09:32 PM
Foam Scarfer
Hi,
Does anyome know where to rent a foam scafer for use on a verticle exterior wall? I am in need of one to do some repair work on wall that was sprayed and coated in 1978. Looks like it has had little to no attention since then. Need to wittle off some foam and coating, repair the bird damage and recoat.
Many years ago, BF (before foam) I was doing a job in a paper mill and had a needle gun with a vacumn attachment built on to it to chip the paint off the paper machine and vacumn it up at the same time. Do they make anything like that for removing foam? Job is on the riverbank and we need to keep the chips out of the river. We will tent the scaffold in, hoping to contain everything, but we can use all the help we can get.
Thanks for any ideas.
Cory Boehs
Posted: May 24, 2010 11:04 PM
I'm sure you have thought of this, but what about a grinder with a wire brush on it? Or those paint removal tools that vacuum up also? Sounds like quite the job!
Circle-D
Posted: May 25, 2010 09:15 PM
Tried that today. We did a sample section about 3-4' square for the prospective customer. Grinder and wire cup brush removes foam no problem but very hard to control and get a uniform depth of cut. Tried our trim saw also but very slow going. Your arms would fall off before the 2600 sq.ft. of foam would. Tried a rental company (Sunbelt) today also. They had never even heard of what I was looking for. I showed him a picture of a planer on e-bay. He said he had never even heard of one before
Lane Hogstad
Posted: May 25, 2010 10:49 PM
Skip give me a call 605-880-1990
Lane

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.