Q&A Forums

Flat Spray Tips Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 11:28 AM
Flat Spray Tips
Need help with a probler2 flat spray kit # 23976-00 they offer non atomized tips for use with this kit 23047 is the lead number followed by j-1,2,3
m-1,2,3 and so on what do these numbers mean in the real world orifice size and pattern angle anyone know ??? thanks.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 07:46 PM
I just went thru a nightmare with a P2 flat tip. What most distributors have been selling people is the flat gelcoat tip with the tapered/cats eye looking end and ends with an -00. What you want is a squared off rectangular tip that ends with a -24. It's a special tip that Glascraft just came out with and most of Glascraft people, much less the distributors, don't have a clue about the tip. You have to specify to who your are buying from, at least 5 or 6 times and in writing, that you are wanting their "24" stud wall foam tip." I'll have one here tomorrow and I'll get all of the information for you. The flat tip is used with the same kit. Actually, here's the info I used to order:

23987-24 tip (DON'T get the -00)
23976-00 kit
19407-01 pattern control disc

I spoke with a guy who claims to have sprayed with this setup and also claims to have help in the design. He says you'll need two or three tips and a half dozen or so discs because you'll need to change tips every hour or so.

Good Luck.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 07:59 PM
Wait... Are you talking about roofing foam tips?
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 08:58 AM
Yes, roofing tips

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.