Q&A Forums

E-30 with EO1 errors!!! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
JohnPeters
Posted: Mar 04, 2009 07:17 AM
E-30 with EO1 errors!!!
All,

So my Graco E-30 has been plagued with EO1 errors for the last few months. We typically see 3-5 EO1 errors for every 8 hour shift. We reset the heater or recycle power to the proportioner with the error pops and press on.

I purchased a brand new temp control board and installed it yesterday. I am still seeing the EO1 errors - in fact now we are getting EO4's.

Does anyone have any ideas?

JP
Posted: Mar 04, 2009 03:20 PM
Isn't E04 a hose heat issue? No current or high current? Whats E01 again?

Tim
Posted: Mar 04, 2009 03:45 PM
ON my E-20, hose heat or lack therof has an A in it either to the left or right of the number.

I thought that somehow it converted from temperature to amps on the readout and it turned out I had cut a wire on one of the connections.

Not sure what E 01 is, but I certainly know what an E-24 is.
clint moore
Posted: Mar 05, 2009 09:21 AM
E01 IS HIGH FLUID TEMP. THE THERMOCOUPLE OR FTS SENSES TEMP. ABOVE 230 DEGREES F. ALOT OF TIMES IT IS JUST THE CONNECTION THAT IS PLUGGED INTO THE CONTROL BOARD. CHECK THIS CONNECTION,UNPLUG AND CLEAN TERMINAL THEN REINSTALL.CHECK THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE TEMP. CONTROL BOARD AND THE OVER TEMP. SWITCH AND CONTROL BOARD TO THERMOCOUPLES. HERE IS A TEST. SET TEMP. SET POINTS BELOW DISPLAYED TEMP. TURN ZONE ON. IF TEMP. RISES STEADILY,POWER BOARD IS FAILING. IF YOUR UNIT HAS MODULES SIMPLE SWITCH MODS. TO DETERMINE IF MOD. IS BAD. E04 IS FTS OR THERMOCOUPLE IS DISCONNECTED. AGAIN,ALOT OF THE TIMES THIS IS A CONNECTION PROBLEM NOT A BOARD. DISCONNECT LONG GREEN CONNECTOR,CLEAN AND REINSTALL. ALOT OF TIMES E01 & E04 OCCUR BECAUSE THE TERMINAL IS DIRTY AND NOT CONNECTING. CHECK TERMINALS FIRST BEFORE REPLACING BOARDS OR MODS.
Bubba Pallo
Posted: Mar 05, 2009 11:24 AM
JohnP, I can walk you through troubleshooting this if you're interested.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 08, 2009 10:29 AM
Have you recently done any service to your machine?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.