Q&A Forums

Dry Kiln Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Jul 05, 2007 08:48 PM
Dry Kiln
Being new to the bussiness i thought i might ask this. I have a customer who is building a dry kiln.There wont be alot of heat, its a dehumidifier type kiln.He has done his research and wants nothing but spray foam.His question to me is why do you need to put more than two inches of 2lb cc. Would you need to put more? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
mason
Posted: Jul 06, 2007 08:15 AM
The more severe climates would require greater thickness of insulation to maintain the desired temperature. You can calculate the amount of BTUs necessary to maintain the desired temperature and the thermal loss at various thicknesses and outside temperature. At some point, the economical thickness of sprayfoam will be achieved. Do the math or get someone to do the math for you.
mason
Posted: Jul 06, 2007 08:15 AM
The more severe climates would require greater thickness of insulation to maintain the desired temperature. You can calculate the amount of BTUs necessary to maintain the desired temperature and the thermal loss at various thicknesses and outside temperature. At some point, the economical thickness of sprayfoam will be achieved. Do the math or get someone to do the math for you.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.