Q&A Forums

Deep Cavity fills and triming equipment Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gary Galloway
Posted: Sep 04, 2006 02:45 PM
Deep Cavity fills and triming equipment
I am looking for two things right now. The first is a way to fill deep verticle cavities leaving no voids in them. An example would be a 4 inch gap between two brick walls with acess from the top only with a cavity depth of 7 feet. the other item of interest would be a rapid trimming machine that would allow overfilling wall cavities in new construction and then triming the overfill down to the framing studs to provide a completely filled wall cavity. I feel certain that some of you out there know what I need. I am very new to this business and would appreciate any help you can provide.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 04, 2006 09:11 PM
If you have a P2 gun, you can get a jet stream nozzle and shoot a stream of foam down a 7' high cavity if you can look down it and see the bottom. I have a foam planer that I use to to trim the foam back to the studs. They are a bit high in price, use alot of air, and make lots of dust with .5lb foam, less dust with closed cell foam. The finished look is beautiful though. A 16" planer with wire brush for .5lb foam is $1,080 or with a blade for closed cell is $1,470.

George
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 05, 2006 11:24 PM
Holy cow Batman! Big bucks!!!

What do you know about the saws that Demilec pushes? I've got to purchase some type of cutting tool soon. Don't want to go with a planer just yet. I know, pay now or pay later. I've gone big with everything at this point. I have to purchase within means for a while.
Posted: Sep 07, 2006 01:56 PM
Dave at macsimum sells a blade with handle that does a nice job for me. I have bought about 15 from him over the last couple years for about 30 bucks a copy. Dang sharp though, they will cut the fool out of your fingers, not to mention a wire that is not secured down. Fusion also has a spray tip for shooting a jet of foam. I bought one several months ago and kicked myself for not having bought it sooner. Sure saves time on roof decks too.
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 07:40 AM
i use an airsander modified to accept a 3' serrated blade for open cell foam..works well,,
they like clean dry air and a boatload of it..
they are also affected by "line-drop" so give it a good size supply line if you are getting out there a ways from your rig...
i use a twisted blade foam plane for closed cell,,big bucks yes,,,but they last forever if taken care of...have replace a thumb switch and a blade in about 8 years...likes alot of air and alot of it..."line drop" is an issue here too..

gonna set up 3/4" air line for up to the first 100 foot from the trailer with a hub to go to 2 1/2" lines for up to the next 100 foot, and will terminate with 3/8 whips to the equipment...i just cant seem to get enough air when multiple devices are running...
next compressor rotary screw,,any thoughts?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 07:12 PM
Sullair ES6 or...
Comp-air HV05 or..

CompAir L07

keep your iso dry and your finger on the trigger :)
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Sep 09, 2006 09:05 AM
I saw some sawzall with a long blade on it that was trimming in 3 or 4' swaths. Anybody know where to get these?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.