Q&A Forums

Creativity with your waste Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeffery Dieu
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 06:20 PM
Creativity with your waste
Im just wondering if any of you fellows do anything with your waste besides the dump or using an attic for a dump. Most people we have dealt with are dead against the loose faom in their attic.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 26, 2006 06:42 PM
Crazy as it may appear, there's several utility building companies around here (check one out here http://www.tricountypanels.com/panels.htm ) that purchase blemished foam core metal doors from manufacturers and use them to make metal buildings. They cut the doors down into standard sizes with rough cut edges. They then put the doors in a router that routes the foam core so that when the panels are overlaped, the foam cores rest against each other. These make for awesome storage buildings since they have 1.5 inches of foam sandwiched between two steel panels.

Anyway, for years they just bagged up the scrap foam and put it in the dumpster. The dump has now made them pay extra for picking up all of the bags so the builders are just bagging it up and leaving the bags out on their yard for people to pick up. Now there's a bunch of block layers who are using the scrap to stuff in the block cores as they go. Before we purchased our rig, we framed up a warehouse and installed the drywall, stuffing the closed cell shavings in the wall. The building is about 30' tall and it is actually well insulated. Maybe you could take it to the lumber yards and tell them they could make some money off of selling it and ask for a cut. : )
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 05:32 PM
i have ground the 1/2lb foams into some real nice loose fill type insulation...got 14" of it above the 4" of sprayed foam on my material rooms lid...

once i find a good sourse of big bags i intend on marketing this to the local ag market for starts...and any one else for that matter...beats poopcannin it....

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.