Q&A Forums

Compressor Suggestions Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Trey Gibson
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 07:11 AM
Compressor Suggestions
I couldn't find the thread about compressors but I know there were some recommendations on where to get one. We are looking for a 10hp screw/rotary. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 08:03 AM
www.eatoncompressor.com
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 02:56 PM
I just bought a bauer 10 hp rotary screw and I love it. It supplies more air than I could ever use, even with two fresh air systems going. It doesn't build up heat like the reciprocating compressors do. If I were going to do it again, I would buy one off ebay. They are a lot cheaper and come with an equal warranty.
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 04:14 PM
Screw compressors GENERALLY (not all)send more oil out with the air supply than you may be accustomed due to lubrication of the screw assembly. Be sure to use a coalescing filter at the tank and it wouldn't hurt to add a second one at the refrigerated cooler to prevent oils from screwing (I didn't mean to make a joke there) with you downstream. This also means to watch the oil level more often. But, the biggest advantage screw compressors offer is a higher SCFM than others. I am also a big fan of synthetic oils and could write 2 pages of facts on why certain synthetics are far superior to anything else you could use. You have a great compressor, don't skimp on the fluid that will make it outlast you.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 07:47 PM
I just bought a HV05 compressor. They make good air and last 20,000 hours. They also use less electric and have a "softstart" to reduce iunrush load.

olger
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 08:16 PM
what make and model is hv05 screw compressor and where to get it
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 11, 2007 04:01 PM
CompAir Hv05 Hydrovane compressor. Very quiet and very powerful. They last almost indefinitely.

Cost = 4725.

all the best,
olger

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.