Q&A Forums

Broken Bits Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 01:48 AM
Broken Bits
Ok guys, how many mixing chambers do you have that have a broken drill bit encased??? BHI – Bay Harbor Insulation now has the ability to extract the broken bit – making the mix chamber useful again without the expense of buying a new mixing chamber.

The cost is very minimal compared to a new chamber. If this is an interest to you and your bottom line please let us know. Turn around time is very quick.

Please post your thoughts, or contact us.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 07:45 AM
Using a torch, we have always gotten our drill bits out, by putting a little heat on the mix chamber.

Luckily for us it only took one broken bit in a mix chamber to figure it out.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 10:08 AM
Probler?
P2?
Fusion?

Which guns do you use?

Keep the trigger pulled,

olger
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 07:09 PM
I use the Fusion gun. Just put the mix chamber in a vise and enough heat on it to burn off the cured foam inside.

For the cost of a new mix chamber I'm willing to spend a lot of time getting the bit out.

Foam on!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 15, 2007 09:15 PM
Thanks Tom. I was referring to BHI. The P2 has a two piece chamber and shouldn't have broken drill bit issues.

carry on,

oG
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 09:44 AM
We also extract the bits from the Fusion chambers and we have also done bits broken in the P2 nozzle.

Last week we had some come in with a bit broken off in the side ports on both sides of a 2929 and we were able to extract them. Now we find we are getting parts sent in with broken screw studs.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 01:45 AM
Email me with your chameber, it doesn't matter what gun it came from we can clean them all. We have a fast turn around and will also give a tracking number on your return shippment.

We can clean them ALL!!!
Bubba Pallo
Posted: May 31, 2007 11:11 PM
Install the mix chamber back in the gun and try blowing the broken bit out with the hydraulic pressure created from the foam. This will sometimes work. It's worth $130 bucks to try it anyway, takes five minutes. Also, invest in a $50 diamond sharpening stone and dress the scratches and nicks out of your mix chamber. Get the fine stone (red), super fine takes too long for deep scratches and that quality polish is not required. You can dress out the metal side seals as well, careful to keep it flat. Hold the side seal in a triangle with your thumb, pointer and birdy finger. Work it out in a gentle figure eight for about three 'eights'. Rotate it 120 degrees and repeat until it's good to go.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.