Q&A Forums

BioBased soy foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 06, 2008 07:06 PM
BioBased soy foam
does anyone out there have experience with spraying a brand called "BioBased 501" soy foam- either open or closed cell? T
Thanks.
Peter
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 07:58 AM
We spray Biobased 501 and like the product, as far as 1701 loved it when I first sprayed it but is difficult to use in other than ideal conditions. But I would give 501 a thumbs up.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 10:39 AM
have you sprayed other soy-based foam before Biobased? Did they give you any training?
thanks.
Peter
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 05:28 AM
(it would be polite to allow mason the right of first response,,as this is his "forum",,,once he has tendered his opinion,,have at it,,,your opinion is important and does matter,,it is just a matter of etiquete(sp?))
mason
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 01:09 PM
I just got back from vacation and feel refreshed.

I will not comment on specific products unless I have first hand knowledge of them. I have not sprayed BioBased foam in the field But I have been to BioBased facilities in Arkansas and sprayed some 2 lb and 3 lb foams.

I was pleased with the physical properties of the foam, consistent cell structure, high strength to weight ratio on the 2 and 3 lb foams, very nice surface profile on the 3 lb foam. The spray pattern was very consistent.

BioBased recommends recirculating their material in the drums to bring temperatures up before transfering it to the proportioner and to agitate the B side to keep the material in solution properly. We sprayed the foam at around 140 degrees F with pressures running around 1200 psi

I am also impressed with BioBased's efforts to restructure their contractor education program to include 6 days of training for new installers.

I appreciate comments from the field that are first hand accounts.
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 01:34 PM
thanks, Mason! I'm heading down to Rogers on Sunday so I'll let you know how it works out.
Peter

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.