Q&A Forums

Best Proportioner? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Craig Gifford
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 04:01 PM
Best Proportioner?
I have been spraying foam for the last 5-6 years with an Graco E-20....my intial training was lame but have since taken courses through NCFI and learned tons by solving machine problems first hand. I have personally changed both motor and temperature control boards, transduces, TSU(s), rebuilt pumps, etc.
Not impressed with the E-20, always seem to be fixing something (even though we keep up with maintenance)...the machine loves E-24's .... many times related to the transducer, motor control or A-Side clog...occassionaly it is the temp (live in Massachusetts) but we take care to keep everything heated.
What does everyone recommend...looking to move up output-wise as well, now involved in residential as well as commercial.
Also spraying with an Fusion AP Gun...what other guns do you like?
Heard alot of good about GAMA but I know there is lawsuit things happening with GAMA/GRACO.
All input welcome!
steven argus
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 08:44 PM
You live in Mass? You should be dealing with George @ S.F.D.O.N.E., just up in New Hampshire. Bought an H25 from him a few months ago. Nice machine.
Circle-D
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 09:41 PM
I would also recommend talking with George. I bought a Glascraft from him back before they were swallowed up by "Big Blue". Great machine, great service.You'll never find a better distributor.
quentin
Posted: Dec 31, 2010 09:54 PM
I love the Glascraft A series. We use that now and you can repair anything easily since they do not have the circuit boards. Most items can be fixed by running to Grainger if needed and it has held up to the cold here in Ohio with no problems.
Craig Gifford
Posted: Dec 31, 2010 10:34 PM
I have been researching Glascraft & GAMA, Glasscraft has been catching my attention...thanks for your input!
I like the design of Glascraft..less down time & easily mobile!
John Shockney
Posted: Jan 01, 2011 12:30 AM
And Graco is still building the Guardian, a great machine my A5-6000 will keep up with an 03 chamber and tip with no trouble if you provide enough air. If you need more heat it can come with 12,000 watts of heat.

Thanks
Airpro
steven argus
Posted: Jan 01, 2011 05:53 PM
If any one is looking for a used A5, George has my old one. I'll even throw in some spare relays.
Craig Gifford
Posted: Jan 03, 2011 07:44 PM
How is the output with the Guardian A5-6000, I have outgrown my E-20 .... looking for higher output....I do like a lot of the features of the Guardian.
steven argus
Posted: Jan 03, 2011 09:21 PM
I believe the A5 puts out 20#'s a minute. I don't know how that compares to the E 20.
quentin
Posted: Jan 04, 2011 08:07 AM
The A series has lower pressures but higher output. That is why I got mine in the first place. You really done't need 2000psi for foam and it isn't enough for polyurea so with 1750psi you have more than enough pressure ability and higher output.

Here are the specs for comparison.

Specifications A-5
Max. Output - lb/min (kg/min) 20 (9)
Max. Hose Length 310 ft
(94 m)
Max. Working Pressure - psi 1600
Max. Working Pressure - Bar 110
Heater Wattages Available 6,000
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 01:00 PM
Might try PMC - they are decent.
Posted: Jan 29, 2011 08:23 PM
We just upgraded from an E-20 to a H-40. Absolutely lovin it!
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 04:41 AM
tb,,single phase or 3ph??
what size genset are u powering this with??
subsequently...what size compressor??
and other peripherals...
i too am looking at the h40,,man does it
want the juice,,,tryin to get a feel for
what size genset to put in front of it..

sidebar: banner add on sfdotcom for jmt:plural gun,,plural fluids proportioner,,,wuu eee wud up wid dat??? anyone usin jmt schtuff in any config??? hows it workin??

20 below
my resins thick
the genset groaned
the confusion clicked
it hit the wall
in a brownish splat
and made me wonder
wats up wit dat??

burma shave
quentin
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 09:27 AM
I was wondering about that JMT also. Anyone using it? We are looking to upgrade a few things and maybe do a second rig since we are outgrowing our present setup. I could spray faster with more power and air to my A5 but two guns would be great since I have a couple of guys who are doing pretty good with a gun.

Dude, are you watching me spray this past few weeks?!?!? Sure sounds like you were with that poem! Can't keep the trailer warm at a site with no power and neighbors who will complain about a genset running all night. LOL
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 01:58 AM
'dude, email me, I'm tb I just changed my name cuz every time I posted it made me think of turburculosis lol. I'll email ya back with some specs and pics. Love the poem 'dude, that's how it's been lately! Email is tylerboehs@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 04:52 AM
quentin,,not even 110??,,is an amish site,,lol!!
small lp convective heater will bring that trailer up to 100 degrees in about 15 minutes in the morning,,,
recirc and double band heater for a short while to bring up the heat,,,use the heaters on the proportioner to heat her up good,,(watch the resin for frothing if cc,,duh)

bring the morning newspaper,,a muffin and some coffee,,
quentin
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 07:40 PM
Place is in BFE and he isn't getting power hooked up for a bit yet. Been using a turbo heater which warms things fast enough but still adds time to the job. No band heaters or etc right now since things are just picking up again.

Love my work even on a bad day since it beats being stuck in a basement doing IT anyday!
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 07:41 PM
I love my November of 09 Gamma 250H. I sure wish they would swap it out for one of those new PMC though!
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 11:48 PM
dude, where'd you say to get them band heaters?
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 12:14 AM
all of your suppliers have em,,,
your welcome goddess,,,
tb,,tuberculosis???
i was thinkin
terminal buggers from
them deadly isocyanates,,,lol...
bascusa.com i think,,,hate them for their
customer service after the sale,,,keep it with
your supplier,,your welcome goddess/goergeous george,,,
now the red rubber ones(band heaters) are "cheaper",,,and they will last a season or three,,but the springy hooky taby thingys that connect them around the drum will poopy out when you aint got time to iowastaterig-them out in the field,,,so i have learnd to up pay for the all metal ones(band heaters),,,as a side bar..their electrical cords are to short and prone to be yanked out of the junction box,,,do your self a favor and swap it out,,right away to an armored,,flex,,10' or what you need plus a bit,,,so you dont get caught with your cord pinched...i like twist lock on my plugs and recepts too,,,

wet dream,,,101 www.spfbandheater.com
only $595
lol
get yours NOW!

quentin,,and yes,,i do know where bfe is,,,
imagine that...quentin,,these band heaters are a couple franklins$$ low end up..shoot,,thats your bar tap is on the weekend,,,cost of doing buisness and sprayin foam in the winter,,get 2 to start,,low watts,,it dont take much to warm 55 gallon if you are heatin the trailer at the same time,,,watch out for the closed cell resin temps...uh boiling point...we heat the heck out of it when we first get in the rig and then once we are hot in the rig and fluids are 70-80 and we are movin juice we will unplug and put it on the xfer drum to prep it ,,,we are usually at about 1/2drum on the feed drum at this point...
quentin
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 07:54 AM
Yeah, band heaters are nice but we found warming the trailer and using a turbo heater seems to do as well as the bands from what I hear. I am thinking of getting those barrel rack heaters that the drums sit on since that is the best way, bottom up. Since the genset went button up and is now rigged up to work but not pretty, I am more worried about that upgrade and repair.

Gas genset and compressor that really is barely able to keep up and we sure can't get past an 02 chamber int he P2. Looking at the Next Gen setups. Then may give a machinest buddy a bit of fun work to try something we have been thinking on for the issues.

To borrow something form you dude....

Tons of ideas
to make spraying better
just need the cash
to get the metal.

Pay the machinest
and maybe myself
but a day of spraying
beats my old computer stuff!

:p

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.