Q&A Forums

Any of You Been Stiffed Lately?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Paul Covert
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 10:06 PM
Any of You Been Stiffed Lately??
What did you do about it?? Lein laws here are against the contractor. Any ideas?
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 05:06 AM
..rocket launcher...
(posted elsewhere,,so im not a goof)
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 06:47 AM
There are lein laws for you as the contractor against the home owner too. I know because we went this route with a customer who owed us $24K and then tried to disappear! No, hiding from us, becasue we know where he lives. So, found him and got some other involved (ie. bank, town code officials) and got them to agree to payment on our terms. Come to find out, they did this with every contractor who did work on their house, but we were the only ones who pursued the lein option and followed through with it. IN the end, we got our money, but you have to be qucik and persistant! Have your lawyer look into it and let us know how it works out because like dude said, a couple franklins is a couple of franklins!
Posted: Mar 14, 2011 12:02 PM
Ya...I got stiffed for about $1000.00. Seems like every year I get taken for a couple thousand in uncollectibles. I haven't done anything yet but this last guy will get a special delivery in the later part of 2011. Every single time I get ripped off...someone is between me and the home owner. GC, Builder or other contractor that I am working for. I have never had a single homeowner directly screw me.
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 07:31 AM
my new sprayfoammagazine.com calendars came in the mail finally,,,
talk about getting stiffed...

thanx georgous and doogles :)~

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.