Q&A Forums

Another spray foam show Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 01:56 PM
Another spray foam show
Hello all,

We are making plans for our spring conference. It will be our 4th year. As usual, we will have Mason come up and teach the fundamental spfa accredation courses. The new health and safety course will be presented. I have someone lined up to do an infrared camera demonstration. What else would you guys like to see? It will be in May sometime, still need to set the dates. What do you guys like better, midweek? Wed-Fri or weekend Fri-Sun? Hopefully sprayfoammagazine.com will come and Doug will do an outstanding marketing presentation. Last year was great, link at left. It will be held in Lincoln, NH at the Indian Head Resort. Plenty to do for the families if you want to bring them along.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

George Spanos
President
Spray Foam Distributors of NE Inc
steven argus
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 02:39 PM
Hi George. Count us in. Mid week is good for us. Looking forward to it.
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 07:20 PM
"what else would you like to see??""..dougs calandar girls,,,
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:06 PM
Dude, if you will come, we will get them there!
mason
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:16 PM
Dude,

You might have to settle for G eorge in a speedo. Horrible image in my brain, stop!

I have developed with Doug C a new sales and marketing course that you can receive Sprayfoam Educational Institute Certificates for. This one is very different. It not only includes the great marketing and branding information from Doug, but I also discuss product liability, warranties, do's and don'ts when making sales presentations or developing ads that could get you in trouble. Let us know if you think that course would be helpful It is based on my 40 years of experience as a contractor, supplier, trade association person and my more recent experience as a paid consultant working on legal cases where the sprayfoam application was suspect.
steven argus
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:19 PM
Girls and guns. It's gonna be a good show.
How bout open bar?
quentin
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 08:38 PM
I just had a thought. Can you trick the cast of Jersey Shore to come? Heck, how about Snooki? We can all get rich fast by foaming them in a room as a "demo" on how well it insulates against sound and air. Then we can tell the world to pay us or we actually let them out!
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 15, 2011 10:07 PM
What else would you guys like to see?
How about someone from ICC or another person who is well versed on the codes pertaining to our industry. Deeply discounted code books or at least the chapter that deals with foam plastics would be helpful. I believe it was Mac Sheldon from Demilac that put on a short but informative breakout session in Reno.
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 10:23 AM
Hi George

I just posted this on another thread and you said that you hadn’t set a date or place but just a thought.

“How about Dayton or Indy both have good airports and lots of hotel rooms and conference centers.

And at Indy you could get Rob Crawford from MCC or maybe some of the old GlassCraft people to help (Rob’s dad worked for GlassCraft)

I know that Quentin, Olger and I would like either location but also wouldn’t St Louis also be good.”

Just a thought

Thanks

Airpro

ps. if you need someone closer to look the site over give me a call
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 10:37 AM
Hi Airpro,

We have not set a date yet, sometime in May, but we have set the location, Lincoln, NH. This is a conference that we have every year to support our contractors, mainly in the Northeast, but we have contractors from all over, even had a guy from Barbados. We want to encourage our guys to get certified and keep up with building codes, etc. While sf.com and our vendors, are invited, our conf is not open to other suppliers, after all, why would we want to educate our competition. All contractors are welcome.

George
mason
Posted: Feb 16, 2011 08:10 PM
I was the main SPF industry codes and regulatory persom while at SPFA and am considered to a building code expert. I teach the codes section of SPFA's sprayfoam fundamentals course at the Sprayfoam conference every year.

There is a chapter on codes in the building envelope course, but I could expand on it. Bring some code books and demonstrate how to find relevant sections and how a code official typically interprets them

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.