Q&A Forums

Alternative insulation Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 03:35 PM
Alternative insulation
I,m curious to see how many foamers there are offering different types of insulation(blown in) with there foam? What percentage of your jobs are other types or hybrid jobs.

Thanks
Rob Granger
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 09:29 AM
DixFoam,
My company installs cellulose attics, wall systems, spray foam, and injection foam for existing wall. We picked up our BPI.org certification and we are positioning ourselves to the retrofit market as well as new housing. In this downturn of new builds retro will make up 70% of our work. Retro also helps as more spray contractors come in to the market and bid jobs at low prices. We know the markup we need to get on jobs to stay in business and we will not vary from that too much. Being a full insulation solutions company has greatly expanded our business and income!

Rob
YES FOAM
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Sep 03, 2008 05:41 PM
We install cellulose and some Ultra Touch. Rarely hybrids - I personally think foam and fiberglass is a performance surrender. Don't use any filterglass at all.

`oG
SPFer
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 06:34 AM
We install alot of fiberglass, but only in interior partition walls as a cheap method of sound deadening. On most new homes we spray the shell and install fiberglass in interior partitions.
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 05:49 PM
Hi Rob,

I am trying to get into the insulation bussiness and I notice you have quite experience in it so if you are willing please help me with this:
- What type of machine do you recommend for begginers?
- Is there a machine that can do spray foam and inyection foam?
- What is Retro insulation?
- What machine you recommend for cellullose
- Supplier for chemicals?

Thank you

Carlos
cdgadea@hotmail.com

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.