Q&A Forums

air leak ap gun Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ted Mac
Posted: May 11, 2014 04:54 AM
air leak ap gun
the strainers pop out when the air is switched on after a couple of activations of the trigger when not attatched to the hoses. Is this acepatable or does it show there is a leak in the gun. It is clean and new seals.
Linerman
Posted: May 12, 2014 04:57 PM
That means air is entering your fluid chamber via between the mix chamber and side seals, which also means that fluid can leak out at that point too. Scratched mix chamber maybe? Have you sanded it at an improper angle to get rid of any scratching? When you say "seals" are you referring to the mix chamber side seals or the orings?

My guess would be either worn mix chamber or side seals.
clint moore
Posted: May 16, 2014 11:54 AM
If your check valves are popping out when turn on the air, it could be that either the o-ring that seals in to the housing are worn or the housing itself is damaged and the o-ring is not holding.
You want to make sure that the check valve is pushed in all the way, you should hear a click when it seats in and sets flat in to the housing.
Ted Mac
Posted: May 16, 2014 02:21 PM
It was the side seals. But why. I seam to get rapid (2or3 hours) marking or grooving of the mix chamber. I have tried the soft seals they do not seam to be the answer?

Thank you for your help
Ted
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 16, 2014 03:48 PM
Side seals should last months. If you put new side seals in with a damaged chamber that could be the issue. I would change both side seals and the mix chamber. Make sure that you don't get anything in between the seals and the chamber when you are assembling them. Are you getting scratches on the A or B side? Are you using old material? Are you using the Graco side seals, or the aftermarket, soft brass ones?

George
Ted Mac
Posted: May 16, 2014 06:06 PM
New graco seals and the carbon fibre seals . The latter do not scratch but neither do they seal as well as the graco seals.
Ted Mac
Posted: May 31, 2014 09:30 PM
Thanks for your help. Gun working well now. Side seals not scouring out. Don,t know why they were. Getting good performance.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.