Q&A Forums

55 gallon drum disposal??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jonathan Peyton
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 03:01 PM
55 gallon drum disposal???
We have an abundance of 55 gallon drums piling up. We were curious what other foam sprayers do with their leftover drums. Our distributor, Demilec, does not take them back, and our local iron recycler will take them, but we have to have them thoroughly cleaned. We were going to run an ad in the paper to give them away but were concerned about someone throwing them in a ditch and getting a nice letter from the EPA or someone that traced them back. Half of our drums have the removable lids and the other half have two holes in the top. Any good ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 07:49 PM
look for a drum recycler....
mine wants a full load at a crack,,so he likes about 120 drums...i keep mine stacked out back..
with the cost of metal right now,, i would re-approach the scrap metal yard manager and show him the msds sheets, shipping bill of ladens or something that this is not a hazardous material,,,thats what spooks em about 55 gallon drums...hazardous materials....then the epa approved disposal is a their expense. also,,assure them that the drums are empty...and supply them that way...noone wants this sticky crap all over their equipment.
consider 250 gallon totes and maybe bulk tanks in the rig...i am..another topic me thinks....

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.