Q&A Forums

Whats the best foam product to use? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ben Wernert
Posted: Feb 05, 2014 10:23 AM
Whats the best foam product to use?
Just wanted to get some opinions on product. Contemplating the use of Foametics, Icynene, possibly Quadrant?

Any value to being a product specific dealer vs. using a local supplier that reps multiple companies?
Jeremy Slosek
Posted: Feb 05, 2014 10:33 AM
All of the products that you've named are of good quality. The #1 thing to look at when buying foam from someone is the support. Any foam you choose can be sprayed well if you get the right support to get you started and for when problems occur. Price per board foot coverage is something that gets over looked a lot since everything is sold in sets(each product is different). Icynene is a well known product by not only the contractor but the consumer as well. Johns Manville's Corbond III is another great product with R-7 per inch, 3 inch lifts and 5,200 board feet per set.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Feb 06, 2014 07:52 PM
I think there is value to being brand specific. As stated, service is key. But when you chose a company to go with, and learn the materials, and become competent with it, you gain confidence in what you are installing. Not bouncing around from supplier to supplier. You have loyalty between the two of you.
Also, being Brand Specific and loyal, explain to you supplier that you are going to promote their material in advertising, word of mouth, and quality work, and you don't want your competition to be able to use the material you are touting. Let them get their own.
I've also noticed I have confidence when I go on sales, I tell the customer I have used this product on many projects and continue to use it because it has shown to me that it works with no problems.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.