Q&A Forums

Tip/chamber reccomendations? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 09:43 PM
Tip/chamber reccomendations?
Spraying LaPolla, P@/A5 3000 setup and curious what tip and chamber combinations seem to work best for others. Have 00/00 right now and just got an 02 tip but would I need a bigger chamber too? Just not sure on how the size of the mixing chambers relate to the tip sizes and effects the ratios in size differences effect things. I know bigger means more output and larger pattern at the tip but what about the chamber and any general rules on which should be bigger than the other or should you always use equal sizes like 02 tip with 02 chambers only?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 03:13 PM
Hi Quentin,

Thanks for spraying LaPolla. Forgive me, I am still learning the Glascraft product line.

The mixing chamber side ports only allow a certain amount of material to flow, changing the insert will only change the pattern. The orifice is determining how much material can flow through the mixing chamber, and generally an 00 is used for coatings or polyurea, low flow applications.

If you are spraying open cell I would recommend either a 0 or 01, which would be somewhere between .037 and .042 orifice. Putting a larger size insert should add to the pattern, and a smaller will restrict. If you are spraying closed cell, I would recommend an 01 or 02 for walls, and have a selection of inserts to try based on the stud size. Its going to be a preference as to what pattern/output you like best.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 04:37 PM
Quentin,

Do you have an A5 3,000? That is usually an in plant machine as 3,000 watts of heat isn't usually enough for a mobile operation. 00 chamber and insert is great for open cell walls, you would want an 01 for roof. 01 is preferable for walls and 02 for roof once you can handle the volume. You can not use an 00 chamber with a larger insert. The a & b will not mix correctly. If you want to go larger, you will have to change your chamber as well as insert. I have some in stock if you need one, you have my #.

George
quentin
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 07:57 PM
Thanks all! Looks like I will need to get a new chamber too then. I know I want a bigger pattern and a bigger chamber should help get things done faster too. I have had good luck with the A5 keeping the temps up so far so it seems that is not a problem but I haven't done anything in really cold weather, only down to the 40s so far so we will see.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.