Q&A Forums

Supporting Contractors with Parts Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 05, 2010 11:48 AM
Supporting Contractors with Parts
Do you contractors prefer to purchase parts from an independent company (as in someone who doesn't carry products) or a one stop shop?

Is it easier to buy parts/equipment without having a sales rep calling on you to purchase your foam/poly, or you prefer being contacted?

Thanks for your input.
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Mar 06, 2010 05:37 AM
We have always just purchased From our supplier, and have gotten good service when we need help.NOt sure if an indepenent would be as concerned. the Market is changing though, I see the suppiers putting as many people on board as possible, and have seen prices going down in the Houston market by up to 50%. What I believe is happening is the end of a good market. as suppiers coinue to put more contractors, on, and they not knowing what to do or the price to maintain a rig, they just discount to try to get a job. and so it goes.. I am getting more calls from different suppliers now willing to talk price. So the Suppiers are cutting their own throats. They will shortly be doing deep discounts just to keep ther formally loyal dealers.
Posted: Mar 07, 2010 05:06 AM
i spread my parts among a few parts vendors,,
i like to support those whom give me tech support or other general advice and are just nice peeps,,,
i dont want or need "salespersons" calling to "sell me foam"...i will get ahold of them when i need product...there is more to this industry than product price,,it is relationships,,and bait and switch is rampant...wingtips baby,,wingtips...
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 08:53 AM
Thanks dude for spreading yourself around! We are all blessed by your spread, LOL.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 09:39 PM
Thank you, I was hoping to get more responses. I was toying around with the idea of my own spray accessory store, but then I got to add rig building, more than one tech, admin, payroll, oh boy, I talked myself right out of it - because the idea was all female staff to start with.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 07:39 AM
All female staff? Bikini rig wash!
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 07:50 AM
GRACO GIRLS GONE WILD....LMAO
quentin
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:26 AM
OUCH!!! Now that would be a scarey place! The cycles sync and once a month customers would be scared to death to call! LOL

Actually I have seen some studies on all female workplaces, you do NOT want to try that one. Now opening a 24 hour webstore to order parts for when you have a late night spray session and that tip, you need or other little things go wrong so you need an ASAP ship to try and get it done the next day or day after.

Or just for us night owls that tend to spray late when we can and want to remember to order things we noticed we were running low on that day.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 09:13 PM
Now, just saying Quentin...instead of logging onto the internet, signing into a website, searching for the parts you need..instead...

an email - yo, send me a chamber, side seals, and shut off valve overnight - thanks.

You could even do this from your phone??? If you were my customer I would go, okay send Quentin an AR4242, 246348, and a 246356, because I ALREADY know you have an AP Gun and what chambers you use, now isn't that easier??
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 09:18 PM
BUT - since I haven't known you that long, I do know you use a P2 gun, and I think you also have an A-5 or A-6, its been awhile.
Posted: May 11, 2010 02:27 AM
we currently buy from our foam supplier but are loooking for other avenues due to some surprses on the bills.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 11, 2010 12:09 PM
I am sorry to hear that, I am actually on my way to Texas, I took a job with a company in TX, if you give me two weeks I will have my number for you. I would love to help out.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.