Q&A Forums

storage of a,b drums Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 02:23 PM
storage of a,b drums
what are the minimum temperatures that the a side and b side can be stored at. what happens if they gfet to cold or to hot. if they are brought back up to temperature can they be used, if not why?
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 07:05 PM
A good rule of thumb is to not let them get below freezing and to try to keep them fairly cool during the summer. It can potentially mess up the catalysts that are in them and the foam will be ruined. I have had them get to 20 degrees when my heater went out, but just don't risk it. The A side is really not affected by temperaure. Open cell will not be affected if it gets too hot but the closed cell resin will have a tendency to boil which wastes foam.
Jeremy Himmel
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 11:23 PM
The iso will crystallize if left in the cold for extended periods of time, which can be very troublesome. If crystallization occurs you will have to warm it to about 90 degrees and agitate for several hours to get it back in solution. Best to store around 60-70 degrees.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 04:24 AM
I've been hearing this ISO crystalization warning for 24-years and have yet to see it happen.

regards,

olger
Jeremy Himmel
Posted: Jan 30, 2007 09:03 PM
I have seen it an entire drum not a pretty sight!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.