Q&A Forums

Spraying Tips? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Mar 03, 2007 10:28 AM
Spraying Tips?
Anybody willing to share tips on even spraying? I have been spraying for over a year and am pretty good in open cavities standard stud spacing but I still have a lot of clean up in the corners, small stud spacings,etc. Do most of you guys try to fill behind the space where interior walls meet the exterior wall. I have tried turning down the pressure but I'm not sure how low to go. I have only turned down to 800psi. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted: Mar 03, 2007 11:15 AM
What is you setup? Gun model? Mix chamber and insert size(s)? Temps? Type of foam?

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Posted: Mar 03, 2007 02:46 PM
i use can foam for those tight spots. weve been using Enerfoam with a pistol dispenser. its just easier for me to trim back expanding foam in those spots. maybe theres a better way though.
Dave Strnad
Posted: Mar 03, 2007 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replies. I use a gap pro with 01 round chamber. Using 1.7lb foam 135 F. Graco Bulldog plural pump, liquid hose heat, liquid material heat exchangers. I get pretty good in open caviities and if I am careful I can do + or - 1/4" for 1/2" from top of bump to bottom of valleys. My problem is just in all the tight spaces around windows, doors, corners. Which there is a lot of in a typical house. I'm sure with more experince I will get it down. I have heard that some guys that spray 2lb foam do not have to do any triming just scrape the studs, I was just wondering if there where any tricks for these areas.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 03, 2007 11:42 PM
Corners are a difficult spray. I like to fill them as well as the stud bays that are only 3" apart. For some reason, I like to see them full and trimmed if necessary. As far as filling in between the rafters, this is my technique. I do 3 or 4 quick passes in the corner and then "ride the wave" of rising foam across the bay. I stay just ahead of the wave of foam. Let the criticism begin! Constructive of course!

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.